iFi being manufactured again!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pianoplayer1, Dec 14, 2007.

1. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Hey! I just got my new Soundsticks II which are very good, but now along comes the iFi after its discontinuity (lol does that make sense).

This is a discussion about the new model as well as a question:

I probably can give the Soundsticks to someone else in my family, so would it be worth it to spend $250 and get the iFi?

2. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

The iFi is not being manufactured again as far as I can tell, but instead, they're simply emptying their inventory.

I own the iFi, and it is a huge jump up from any mainstream/retail "PC" multimedia speaker systems.

Instead of going the iFi route, I would personally go with these instead: http://www.axiomaudio.com/audiobytecomputerspeakers.html

These would probably beat the iFis, though I think it would be a close match.

Either one of these choices will topple the Sounsticks II :)

Peace

3. pianoplayer1 thread starter macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

O alright but definately the ifi would be amazingly better than my soundsticks? Because I heard my soundsticks are almmmoooost as good as the F6021's and the 6021s are almmooooost as good as the iFi's.

Is it worth $250? And also could it be used for home theater, in that would it sound much better than the built in speakers of a Pioneer Pdp4280Hd (latest Plasma). The Pioneer Built in's really sound very good and can get LOUD.

4. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

The iFi would obliterate the Soundsticks and any form of build in T.V speakers for far-field (non near-field, meaning sitting far away as in on a couch instead of close to the speakers as you would in an office situation) and even near-field listening.

The Altec Lansing FX6021 is definitely better than the Soundsticks, and the iFi is definitely better than the Altecs, especially in the bass department.

With the iFi, you're getting two Klipsch reference series satellites: http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rsx-3.aspx as well as an amazing subwoofer for the money. The subwoofer included outperforms many subwoofers you would at Best Buy or Circuit City (retail stores) with the same money the iFi costs, even the original $400 the iFi used to cost. This is partly due to the iFi being limited in options of hook up where as a normal sub has more money spent into fancy finishes and more so different and more hook ups catered to home-theater integration.

The iFi has all the money focused on sound quality, and you're really getting an incredible system for the money, especially at $250.

Peace

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Sorry... I feel like a complete dork!!
    What's "iFi" ? Irish Film Institute? hehe..

Oh never mind.. i googled it! :)