iPad iFile does not see SDXC exfat card on iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by felixpro, Jan 21, 2014.

1. felixpro macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2014
    I am trying to understand if iFile will let me mount exFat SDXC card on iPad Air? I had no problem with Fat 32 formatted SDXC card, but iFile will not even see the same card if I will reformat it with exFat. It is SanDisk Extreme 64 GB card and I have iPad Air 16 GB, just bought it. I am using it with Lightning to SD card camera reader that I also just bought.

Any comments will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
  2. darrenliew96 macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2014
    me too, having this problem.. trying to restore my iPad and see whether it works.

it should have exfat support since iOS7
  3. RDAR, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014

RDAR macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2012
    Are you getting it to stay connected even on the MS-DOS format? I have a Lexar 64GB SDXC and it can't read it on exFAT. When I format to MS-DOS though it can read it for like a min but it always gets disconnected after.

Edit: It won't connect on my card formatted on MS-DOS anymore. It just keeps saying accessory not supported.

Edit: Now it won't even read it. I've had it plugged in for 10 minutes and nothing. Rebooted the iPad and still nothing -.-
  4. The Reason macrumors member

Oct 28, 2008
    Pretty sure iFile does not support exFat at this point. Contact the dev.
  5. RDAR macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm on MS-DOS though and it still won't detect it anymore even though before it did.
  6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2008
    OP, are you using the genuine Apple SD to Lightning adapter?