IFile duplicates files.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Redjericho, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I purchased a 400mb movie and downloaded it on my iPad with safari download manager. When it was done downloading I used the safari download manager "open in Ifile" option so I could move it to my good player folder. Nothing happened so I manually went to the download folder in ifile and found it there. But I noticed that I had lost double the memory (800mb) and being the critical thinker that I am I retraced all of my steps and found that the only time it could have happened was when I click open in ifile, so I did it again with the download still in my history. I went back to ifile and sure enough I had lost another 400mb. The problem is the only copy of the movie I can find is the one I saw my manually looking. I used the search function on ifile and even ssh'd into my iPad and used the search function. When that had no results I began opening every folder and searching. No matter what I did I could not find the two rogue files and now I'm down 800mb. How can I find these files? Has anybody else experienced this problem?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

When ever you use the "Open In..." function of an application, the file in question get copied into the receiving app's directory. iFile's Inbox, as Apple calls them, is the /var/mobile/Library/Inboxes folder. I think that's where your mystery file is located.

3. Redjericho thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try this folder: /var/mobile/Library/Application Support/Containers/eu.heninelt.ifile/Documents/Inbox

5. Redjericho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Worked perfectly.

I can't thank you enough because I never ever would have found that folder, great respond time as well, your website has my donation.

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Also. Don't forget to delete your TRASH in iFile.