iFile & iPad Camera Connection Kit

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kdesign7, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I know that you can Access JumpDrives (thumbsticks) through the USB doggle for the iPad by ignoring the inital Error Msg... Opening iFile, navigating to VAR/MNT/MOUNT1 ... but what Im curious to know is..

Is there a way to navigate to an SD card, instead of the JumpStick. I have an SD card, in the SD card reader, attached to the iPad, and within that DIR I dont see anything.

Anyone stumble upon an answer to this question?

The Link below shows screen shots and such about the aboved method to gaining access to a USB stick through the USB Doggle for the iPad.

http://www.iphonetechie.com/2010/08...access-to-all-your-usb-drive-files-nice-hack/

OK - IGNORE my previous msg. Did a little more digging around and got er figured out! Now that is pretty stellar, I must say!

2. georgee2face macrumors member

3. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I'm having trouble figure out from the site you linked to and google...do you need to jailbreak to use iFile...or is it available for a nonbroke iPad?

4. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

With the latest version of iFile, you don't even have to go that deep into the root to find the mounted volume, it appears automatically in the sidebar for you a la Finder. :)

5. rphiggins macrumors member

6. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I haven't been able to determine this yet :(

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

iFile is a Cydia File Browser App, so yes, it looks like you have to jailbreak to do this. Pity.

What I'd like to see is a direct iPhone --> iPad photo transfer/dump, and then an app to flip through the photos on iPad and "favorite", mark w/5 stars, reject, etc photos to use or edit in Photoshop later.

8. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

Bummer..i had a feeling, but there's a couple of programs in the itunes store caleld ifile, so it could have been...

9. rtfulk macrumors member

The isriscan anywhere 2 portable scanner works great with ifile also. The scanner uses no drivers and uses a thumb drive, sd card or internal memory. Just connect the scanner through the USB camera connection kit and it appears in ifile.

10. fleeper macrumors 6502

You can with the camera connection kit; I connect my IP4 to my ipad and pull of the pics from my phone to my ipad.

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Just ordered the kit from Best Buy and will pick it up in store in a little bit. Looking forward to playing with iFile and the kit. Didn't even realize I could back up my iPhone files on my iPad this way. Very cool!