iPad iFile made my apps disappear (READ ITS DIFFERENT)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jakeem, Apr 11, 2014.

1. jakeem macrumors newbie

I'm :( now because I was screwing around with iFile and then my iPad died... Then all of my apps were gone except for stock and Jailbreak apps. Problem is I can't reinstall a package because my cydia just says "Wow you've reached the number of package names this APT is capable of." And also i really don't want to restore from backup because I have no backups and I've already had to restore to factory settings TWICE. And also I've respringed many times but my apps still won't show up. And also if anyone tells me how to make my Cydia work again that'd be great because I want to delete iFile. If I have to update i don't really care. Anyway heres my info...

White iPad 2 w/ Wifi 16GB iOS 7.0.4 obviously Jailbroken

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

you have to remove sources until the error goes away. You'll almost never reach it if you add legit private developer repos; however, if you install repos related to piracy, the problem is much more likely to occur

iFile will not mess up your device at all. It's just a file browser, it doesn't hook into anything

3. jakeem thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thank you!! My cydia works now!! :D Now i just need to figure out how to get my apps back...

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you buy them legally :p

6. jakeem thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed that, opened it and it crashes. I tried reinstalling it but still no luck. I tried iWipeCache and it restrings but my apps are still gone. Any more suggestions>?