General ifile Won't Stay Closed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tateu, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tateu macrumors 6502

iFile v1.8.1-1, AT&T iPhone 4S, IOS v6.1.1.

When I reboot or respring and go to SBSettings -> Processes: only Mail and Phone are shown as running.

If I open iFile, close iFile, remove iFile from the app switcher and go to SBSettings -> Processes: Mail, Phone and iFile are shown as running. It does stay removed from the app switcher, though.

If I close iFile using the delete feature from SBSettings -> Processes and then reopen SBSettings -> Processes: iFile is shown as running...again.

I can't be 100% positive but I don't remember having this issue when I was jailbroken on IOS 5.1.1 or even IOS 6.1 a week ago. Has anyone else noticed that iFile won't stay closed? Maybe it doesn't hurt anything if it always stays open, I just figured maybe it eats a little ram and/or battery like that.

And as a side note, I have a vague memory of having the linux 'top' command available back on an older jailbreak a year or so again. Does it exist or am I just misremembering? I was hoping to use it for better process monitoring and killing abilities.

2. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

3. tateu thread starter macrumors 6502

There's really no easy way to tell if it affects battery. I have decent battery for the most part, except sometimes when I'm on 3G with no WiFi in certain areas.

I think the only way I could do an accurate analysis is to put the phone in an identical state, leave it alone for several hours and run it once with iFile installed and showing as active in SBSettings -> Processes and then run it again in the same state after a fresh reboot without iFile running.

I guess this would require me to put my phone in airplane mode to ensure that email, calendar, phone calls, etc. don't alter one of the two tests and then several hours of not using my phone. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

5. tateu thread starter macrumors 6502

I've checked cydia and cydiaupdates.net for top but I don't see it. Maybe it is not in one of the default repos?

6. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

I've noted this as well. I can't say if there's any effect on battery and/or performance but I just thought it was weird that iFile continues to run in the background even after closing it from the App Switcher.