Ifile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trey1984, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Trey1984 macrumors regular

First I've tried search here..maybe I'm typing it in wrong and I've tried countless searches on google..I'm just trying to get a in depth tutorial on ifile and kinda all the top 20 or what not things to do with it..any help would be much appreciated.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well all iFile does is lets your explore the folders and files on your device, doesnt really do anything on its own

so ill give an example you want to change the sms tones? your then should be searching where are the sms tones located on the device, now after your find out this your can navigate to that location and follow the instructions for changing sms tones, hope that makes sense

3. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok..I'm looking put in custom themes and SMS and what not just really needed a point in the direction..that does help tho so thanks..also I've noticed how some people on their icon dock the apps are turned sideways..how can this become possible

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

iFile is a great little tool that works just like Explorer (win) or Finder (mac). It let's you browse your root files, rename/edit files and you can also do other stuff with it as well.

As with any file exploring software, first rule of thumb is don't delete *****. Always backup and then do whatever you need to do. Fortunately though, there is a recycle bin/trash bin in iFile as well so in the event that you do delete something, you're still able to recover it.

Best advice would be to just tinker around and get used to finding certain locations of files, i.e. themes, SMS sounds, application folders, etc., and just start there.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

for the side dock you can get GridLock from cydia this allows your to place the icons anywhere with it snaping up to the next available spot like normal

the easiest way to use custom themes and sms tones is download winterboard this lets your toggle on or off these themes and sms tones then once you have winterboard your will find hundereds of themes, sms tones and much more in cydia that work with winterboard

iFile for themes and sms can be done but its more for advanced users becasue essentially your will be overwritting the default files so its not as simple to switch back and forth from theme to theme thats what makes winterboard so good, once you have a bunch of theme and sms tones installed winterboard will list them all then all your do is check on uncheck the theme you want

FYI not all themes are desigined for all iOS versios so read each themes description in cydia to make sure its compatible