iFish is available!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Amt, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Amt macrumors regular

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Honestly? If I download this via the app store on my iPhone (which I did) I would be confused (which I am) how to play it. All I know is I casted and the phone continued to vibrate telling me I missed. Missed what?

Directions are needed here. I'd read them for sure. I'm curious.

Nice graphics, thanks to flickr and their users.

4. tongteh macrumors 6502

i just downloaded iFish, it have incredibly good graphics and sound. :) i highly recommend it even if you don't like fishing you can enjoy the graphic and sound of this app as they have mention in their description...

i manage to caught a couple of fish and i will have to agree with jessica. that they should have included an instruction page somewhere.. i am guessing that once you hear something is biting on your bait then just flip up your iPhone and it will ask you to reel it, and from there on it's pretty much explained in the application.. :)

5. ying yang macrumors regular

I think the vibration is the fish taking the bait. You have a small window when you feel it "tug" to reel it in before you miss it.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Woah how long was it free for? Haha.
    It looks pretty cool. Cool idea!

7. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Yeah I know, its 99 cents now =]

Zym

8. tongteh macrumors 6502

yeap.. it's 1.19 here in Aust now!!! thank to this thread i got it while it's free!! :) thanks Amt! :D

9. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

You live in Australia? Nice, I've always wanted to go there =]

Zym

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

11. Amt thread starter macrumors regular

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The best part of the video is the fact that the iPhone's accelerometer is consistently "acting finicky". :)
    Thanks for the vid, I get it now.

13. Delirium39 macrumors regular

Sorry, I don't buy any games that go from free to paid to cheat the ranking system.

14. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

I think Apple no longer allows this by virtue of how they do rankings.

Even still, while it is poor marketing IMO, it is the right of the developer not to keep it free for long. I didn't get it, and don't really have much of a desire to now...but thanks to the OP for posting this.

15. Delirium39 macrumors regular

It's happened several times in the last two days, actually. iFish, for example, just appeared at #31 out of nowhere. Sometimes they get removed from the list, sometimes they don't. My opinion, as a developer, is that anyone who uses this tactic should have their download count reset to zero when they switch from the free world to the paid world.

16. Delirium39 macrumors regular

I agree, they should be allowed to switch to a paid app at any time. However, certain developers are taking advantage of an obvious bug in the system, which I hope gets fixed very soon, as the top 50 will eventually get filled with junk apps.

17. Delirium39 macrumors regular

The author of iFish has explained his reasoning for going from free to paid in his app reviews, and I'm going to take him at his word. I think the ad-hoc method of distributing to friends would've been the correct option, but oh well. This example is yet another reason why Apple needs to fix the free to paid download count bug. But it looks like iFish had no bad intentions, and I apologize for making that assumption.

18. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

19. capnjiggins macrumors member

don't worry about not getting this for free...dudez, this app blows

20. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

21. tongteh macrumors 6502

i think this app is good for the fact that it allows you to fish while you are bored plus since it has the beautiful picture and wave sounds just makes it more relaxing... :) but if i didn't get it while it's free, i probably wouldn't spend that 1.19 to get this.. :( since there is no purposes to it, i don't even know what do i do with the fishes i caught.. :p but as i said, great relaxation app.. :)

22. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Are you kidding? iFish ROCKS! Check out the other upcoming apps from this awesome developer!

iShed
    See how many times you can open and close the shed!

[​IMG]

iSock
    Flip the sock over! Now flip it back! Hours of flippin' fun!

[​IMG]

iDirt
    How long can you stare at the dirt? Beat your personal best and upload your stats! Go ahead, play dirty!

[​IMG]

23. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

wow. what a bunch of useless apps in my opinion. i think the developer is trying to make a quick buck.

24. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Hehe. I guess should mention that these apps are fake and not by the same person as iFish. I figured no one would think they're real.

25. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Please tell me you were kidding.