iFitness?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by theturtle, Jan 21, 2011.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Got a replacement iPhone and wanted to redownload ifitness. To my surprise i cant find it anywhere in the app store. Was it taken down? anyone know what the violation was? I really liked the app too :/

2. feelings macrumors newbie

No idea why it was pulled out from the app store. But man I want this app back with lots and lots of updates just like camera+.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

It might have been ifitness that had lots of fake reviews? I remember seeing some discussion / complaints about that - it was updated very often with trivial updates, then immediately got a large number of 5* reviews so it showed a great rating and lots of happy users on itunes. Then a stream of regular reviews that looked a bit more 'real', and once the rating dropped a bit.. a new version, repeat.

So if it was that one, it was probably removed for that reason. Blatant gaming of the app store.

4. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Most probably. spamming and fake reviews are not allowed on the AppStore.

5. blained macrumors newbie

I can pretty much guarantee that iFitness was pulled due to faking user accounts to get reviews and inflate their popularity. As a developer of a workout app myself, I remember when iFitness first showed up. They seemed to get hundreds of reviews overnight. That simply doesn’t happen. And if it does happen not all of your reviews are going to be 5 stars with one line of nothing but good things to say.

Apple has just recently started flat out banning developers that are caught doing this. In my opinion it’s long over due.

6. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

So what happens to the money we spent on this? are we just sol?

7. darren.scott macrumors newbie

I also had ifitness and loved it to track progress in the gym.
    While it's been removed, there is another exactly the same (not sure if it's the same people releasing it under a different name)

It's called full fitness, and does everything that iffiness did, in the exact same way from what I can see.

8. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I heard that it go bought out by another company and then just pulled it voluntarily when I googled that question. I still have it backed up on my computer. I don't think it needed any fake reviews. I believe is it a 5 star app. It still works when you back up and resore data.

9. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

So if it is on our computer we can still put it on our phone forever? Is fullfitness in hd? Ifitness was not.

10. mikeyg36 macrumors member

I just realized 2 days ago that the app was missing from the app store. And long behold yesterday they released the new version call "iFitness Pro". I'm with iTunes support now trying to get store credit on my old app so we'll see how this goes.