iFixit is refusing to replace battery under 1 year warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Nov 15, 2016.

?

Should iFixit replace my battery

1. Yes! It shouldn't be doing this

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Woodcrest64, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I ordered a new battery from iFixit back in June and it dies between 5-13%. I've tried an SMC reset, PRAM reset, leaving the battery dead for 24 hours then charging it back up again with no success. I've tried multiple AC adapters too. The battery only has 62 cycles on it and it shouldn't be doing this.

iFixit claims the battery is operating at normal parameters. In addition the battery percentage will jump all over the place while running solely on the battery when it gets below 30%. I'm not happy. I've asked them to replace the battery under their 1 year warranty and they are refusing. The battery health is jumping all over the place too from 102 to 112%. I've used multiple battery apps to assess its condition will all of them reading the same inconsistencies.

I'm posting this to inform people.

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Too late for you obviously but I know countless who have been ripped off by having their phones repaired by these people. Be vigilant.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you bought it with a credit card, it may have return protection. I know some Chase and Citi cards will allow you to return the item to them within 6 months if there is a problem and they will refund you the price.