Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The popular repair website iFixit today shared a video teardown of the first-ever 13-inch iPad Air, providing a look inside the device.

The new iPad Air does not have too many internal changes compared to the previous-generation model. Like the fifth-generation iPad Air, the battery cells continue to have adhesive pull tabs, making them easier to remove.

iFixit gave the 13-inch iPad Air a low repairability score of 3/10 due to the display and some other components being difficult to remove.

Apple released new 11-inch and 13-inch iPad Air models earlier this month, with key new features including the M2 chip, Wi-Fi 6E support, a landscape front camera, Apple Pencil Pro compatibility, and a few new color options.

Article Link: iFixit Provides Look Inside All-New 13-Inch iPad Air in Teardown Video

cnnyy20p

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2021
I just figured out right now that both iPad Air M2 and Mac mini M2 are priced similarly.

bpb

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2019
A battery that lasts 2 years? what the heck are they talking about. My 2016 iPad is still going strong (if a bit slowly now). Haven't had to repair anything on it and I've used it almost daily -- sometimes for actual work on film sets.

• Angry
Reactions: Shirasaki

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
The amount of angry reactions an iFixit article can generate is insane lmao
I’ve never understood the hate for them on MR. Their teardowns and guides have been super crazy useful to me and I’ve even bought parts and some of their tools from them. And yes their tools are definitely marked up a bit compared to a random chinese brand on amazon, but they are of good quality and easy to grab *just* what you need for a project - plus I like supporting them because I use their free info

Reactions: steve123

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
I’ve never understood the hate for them on MR. Their teardowns and guides have been super crazy useful to me and I’ve even bought parts and some of their tools from them. And yes their tools are definitely marked up a bit compared to a random chinese brand on amazon, but they are of good quality and easy to grab *just* what you need for a project - plus I like supporting them because I use their free info
There's many who soil their diapers and anything that has a whiff of even potentially being critical of Apple... I generally put them into two camps: 1. Cult-like zealots whose sense of self worth somehow is tied to Apple and 2. Folks heavy in AAPL stock who's future depends on it infinitely rising to not spend their golden years living in a box under a freeway (or to be fair just have basic greed and want more cash regardless of investment fundamentals)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.