Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
After reading that is made me realize how advantageous having the GPU on a daughter card is compared to having it on a PCI style card.

Not only does it establish Thunderbolt as the defacto standard for display connections in the future, what it allows is upgrading the video card(s) without having to upgrade the display output configuration of a system.

Makes a lot of sense from an upgrade and usability standpoint and should also drive down costs of the cards themselves.

jasonvp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
Northern VA
Thanks for finding it and posting it. Interesting read. I could almost see a boutique market in an uplevel power supply, were someone so daring and interested. It'd make it easier to throw 150W TDP CPUs into the device without worry, though I don't imagine there will be too many folks that will try.

Cubemmal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
The RTC battery is hard to get to being on the PS/IO board. For most people it means taking the computer into the store to get replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.