iFlicks Problems

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by JSmail, Oct 26, 2011.

1. JSmail macrumors newbie

Hi I downloaded iFlicks today to try and convert some videos into iTunes compatible formats, however, I am having problems.

It accepts the file and starts conversion (I selected the Universal type). It then adds automatically to iTunes, but the status menu gets to 100% but never goes / says that it is done and the text below the status bar says roughly 12 minutes until video encoded, however this doesn't change; even after an hour. By this time it is already auto added to iTunes and playable, however there is no video; just grey playback with audio in iTunes.

Any ideas?

2. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I think this is a bug between iTunes 10.5 and iFlicks 1.4.1 from the Mac App Store. The problem is with iTunes running in 64 bit mode. There are two solutions....

Convert with iFlicks but set it up so it doesn't automatically add to iTunes. This is in iFlicks preferences.

Or

Open iTunes in 32 bit mode by selecting iTunes in your applications folder, press command I, two keys at once which will open the get info window. In this window there is an option to open iTunes in 32 bit mode. In this situation, you don't need to alter iFlicks.

Please post back if this helps :)