iFone Cylay

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by techguy1, Oct 23, 2008.

1. techguy1 macrumors regular

Looks like an interesting and useful addition, but has anyone from the UK used this :-

iFone Cylay

2. poolish macrumors regular

i've just installed Cylay 3.0 which was released today or yesterday,
    i've been playing with it a bit and it seems to work well.. some of the functions i dont really understand as some of the text in the app is worded a bit weirdly, obviously not a native english developer.

i have tried the remote backup, which is supposed to backup to google docs/calender, but only the calender seems to have worked. and i tried the backup to cylay server but cant see where that has gone too.. it says a zip file would appear but it hasnt.

the cylay account page in settings.app is a bit confusing...

i dont understand this, because like you have to use the number you register with on the cylay website.. but anyway if my phone has been stolen im not going to be able to access that number. am i supposed to put my friends number or something?? weird.
    and for the backup number.. if i am not supposed to have used my iphone for the first one, why use a different one for the backup.. the iphone sim has been taken out, so the thief has put their sim card in.. that doesnt make any difference which number i can still be contacted on..

but anyway. the location bit seems to work to locate my iphone. and you can send a message to show up on the screen, that worked too.
    also when you report the phone lost from the website, you can make it lock the phone, and the thief cant unlock it. it can also disable the power off button too. nice.

if i could get everything to work, i would definitely purchase it, as its only £10 for a year.. but we'll see after the 15 day trial..