iframe Scrolling on iOS

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JonHimself, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I'm trying to use an iframe for a webpage I'm making for a friend. I was hoping they weren't dead-set on that set-up, but they are... plus having simple pages displayed in iFrame will make it easier for them to update/maintain.
    I'm having a problem getting it to work properly on my iphone/ipad. Basically the iframe is set at a certain size but when it loads on Mobile Safari the size restrictions are ignored and the page displays at full-size.
    I've been reading through a handful of other website and they have a few quasi-solutions but I feel like there should be an easy way to accomplish this and I'm just missing something.
    I'm using iWeb (that's what he has, I figure I can just copy my iWeb file to his computer when I'm finished) and have inserted the HTML snippet to put in the iframe code.
    Does anyone have a website with an iframe that works properly with Mobile Safari (or even know of one that I can look at the source code for and try and figure out what they did)?

2. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

I don't know if this is any use to you, but did you realise you can navigate some frames using two fingers to scroll?

I'll be quiet now.