ifrogz case interferes with iPhone 4 flash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipadq, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Ipadq macrumors member

I took pictures after dark with my new i4 and noticed white-ish patches at random positions, and the photos were generally washed out. Worried that there was something wrong with mine, I tried the same shots with my wife's i4 and found that the pics were showing blue patches instead of white, and also looked washed out.

The color change made me wonder, and so I looked at the flash as the picture was being snapped, and then found what is now obvious -- the culprits were the iFrogz cases that we bought from AT&T, as they appear to be reflecting the light from the flash. Her case is blue, and mine is black, and hence the two different colors. Although mine is black, it produces almost white, slightly yellow patches. So I removed the cases and repeated the exercise and voilà -- no more patches!

Thought I'd share this info, in case people with iFrogz cases are wondering why their pictures don't look good with flash.

Pictures attached.

Attached Files:

2. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I have the same problem....wow, you're right. Took the case off, and voila....perfect.

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Isn't there more than one iFrogz case? Can you be more specific?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its a known issue with some cases that were not designed well.