Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
has anyone heard of this ifrogz case?

http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=409
untitled.jpg

it seems like everyone knows about the treadz case but i havent seen anything on the net about the touch leather case. It looks really nice -- kinda like a griffin elan except nicer. anyone have any experiences with it?

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
btw ifrogz is having 40% off discounts on all purchases. a good time to buy invisible shields! maybe the mods would like to bring this to the attention of forum readers? And also, I bought the case I talked about above like a few days ago. Does ifrogz have a price protection policy for stuff like this?

IlliniDude

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
btw ifrogz is having 40% off discounts on all purchases. a good time to buy invisible shields! maybe the mods would like to bring this to the attention of forum readers? And also, I bought the case I talked about above like a few days ago. Does ifrogz have a price protection policy for stuff like this?

How do you like the case?

doodads

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
East BF, TN
And also, I bought the case I talked about above like a few days ago. Does ifrogz have a price protection policy for stuff like this?

Nope. I contacted ifrogz and they said that if you bought something within 24 hours of it going on sale, they will honor the sale price.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
How do you like the case?

haven't got it yet. i'll post pics and comments when i do though.

doodads said:
Nope. I contacted ifrogz and they said that if you bought something within 24 hours of it going on sale, they will honor the sale price.

Thanks. I emailed them about it too and got the same answer. I'm quite pissed off right now since I can't return the product unless i don't like the colour or size and it seems like it only applies to custom cases. You can't return products just 'cause. I could've saved $10! Their price match guarantee and their return policy sucks. Also I just noticed that their products don't come with a warranty. I feel i don't really get any support and really don't have any options. Even the case itself didn't have any information about it. I still don't know if it is a slider in case or a 2 piece clip-on lol. Way to treat a first time customer! :mad: I should've just got an Incase Slider...

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
The day after complaining to ifrogz about the long shipping time (10 days -- I know, I'm an impatient student), I came home to a package. "Finally," I thought. I was looking for a case for months to no avail until I came across the touch leather case from ifrogz. However, I found no review on it, but I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I'm quite the trend setter aren't I? Now there will be a picture review for you guys!

Note: the case looks better in real life than it does in some of these pictures. The lighting catches every imperfection, but in reality, the case looks very good.

The case came in a typical package:
IMG_7935.jpg

After removing some bubble wrap, here's what I found:
IMG_7938.jpg

It's basically a plastic shell wrapped in what I think is fake leather:
IMG_7952.jpg

The case snaps together with a simple ridge and notch mechanism:
IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

It was very tough to get on the iPod touch the first time round and I was scared it would scratch my iPod, but after a few tries, I snapped on securely (with no scratches):
IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

However, the leather can be dented by fingernails though so don't put it in a pocket of keys and when I got it, I got a few fine, inconspicuous scratches on the back [UPDATE: the scratches are gone now for some reason]

The seam where the two halves connect is very flush:
IMG_7977.jpg

There's a removable belt clip:
IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

I don't use belt clips, but in my opinion, this one feels very secure. Note this picture is showing only the bottom half of the case though:
IMG_7974.jpg

There's easy access to the ports:
IMG_7949.jpg

The sleep/wake button and the home button are harder to press since the case adds some thickness around the buttons. Also, in the first picture, that white spot appears to be a chunk of leather that got gouged out or something. I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it and might use a Sharpie to cover it up or something:
IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

The ambient light sensor is left unblocked:
IMG_7965.jpg

Random pic. Note the cool ifrogz logo:
IMG_7969.jpg

The stitching is acceptable for a case in this price range ($24 + shipping). The case overall adds some width and thickness to the iPod and gives it a solid feel while making it easier to hold. This case is a good choice for those who want a case that adds some protection (I haven't drop tested it yet lol), style and grip. It is a good case for those who are willing to spend $24 on a case, but want more drop protection from a piece of clear plastic like the Invisible Shield. This case from ifrogz protects the corners very well and feels like it would stay on even after a hard fall. Overall, I am extremely happy and I think the case is definitely one of the better looking ones on the market and I highly recommend it! I hope this review was helpful in giving someone more options when choosing a case. I feel good too since I'm the first one to review this case on the interwebs :D

Himlander

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2008
The day after complaining to ifrogz about the long shipping time (10 days -- I know, I'm an impatient student), I came home to a package. "Finally," I thought. I was looking for a case for months to no avail until I came across the touch leather case from ifrogz. However, I found no review on it, but I decided to bite the bullet and buy it. I'm quite the trend setter aren't I? Now there will be a picture review for you guys!

Note: the case looks better in real life than it does in some of these pictures. The lighting catches every imperfection, but in reality, the case looks very good.

The case came in a typical package:
IMG_7935.jpg

After removing some bubble wrap, here's what I found:
IMG_7938.jpg

It's basically a plastic shell wrapped in what I think is fake leather:
IMG_7952.jpg

The case snaps together with a simple ridge and notch mechanism:
IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

It was very tough to get on the iPod touch the first time round and I was scared it would scratch my iPod, but after a few tries, I snapped on securely (with no scratches):
IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

However, the leather can be dented by fingernails though so don't put it in a pocket of keys and when I got it, I got a few fine, inconspicuous scratches on the back [UPDATE: the scratches are gone now for some reason]

The seam where the two halves connect is very flush:
IMG_7977.jpg

There's a removable belt clip:
IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

I don't use belt clips, but in my opinion, this one feels very secure. Note this picture is showing only the bottom half of the case though:
IMG_7974.jpg

There's easy access to the ports:
IMG_7949.jpg

The sleep/wake button and the home button are harder to press since the case adds some thickness around the buttons. Also, in the first picture, that white spot appears to be a chunk of leather that got gouged out or something. I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it and might use a Sharpie to cover it up or something:
IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

The ambient light sensor is left unblocked:
IMG_7965.jpg

Random pic. Note the cool ifrogz logo:
IMG_7969.jpg

The stitching is acceptable for a case in this price range ($24 + shipping). The case overall adds some width and thickness to the iPod and gives it a solid feel while making it easier to hold. This case is a good choice for those who want a case that adds some protection (I haven't drop tested it yet lol), style and grip. It is a good case for those who are willing to spend $24 on a case, but want more drop protection from a piece of clear plastic like the Invisible Shield. This case from ifrogz protects the corners very well and feels like it would stay on even after a hard fall. Overall, I am extremely happy and I think the case is definitely one of the better looking ones on the market and I highly recommend it! I hope this review was helpful in giving someone more options when choosing a case. I feel good too since I'm the first one to review this case on the interwebs :D

Hi,Being convinced I have just ordered one,To get it it will take may be 10 days as I live in Belgium.Thanks for the pictures and the review:)

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Hi,Being convinced I have just ordered one,To get it it will take may be 10 days as I live in Belgium.Thanks for the pictures and the review:)

You're welcome :). I've dropped my iPod a couple of times and the case has held up really well. I no longer feel like the iPod is going to get chipped and dented. I really like the case and I hope you enjoy it too!

Himlander

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2008
You're welcome :). I've dropped my iPod a couple of times and the case has held up really well. I no longer feel like the iPod is going to get chipped and dented. I really like the case and I hope you enjoy it too!

Thanks, It has arrived, I like it, it feels great in hands.Only problem I found that it cover a big part of the ear piece.
Last week they were offering 50% off:mad:
Too late for me:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.