iFrogz Luxe case problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DEdwards2204, Aug 13, 2009.

1. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

So, yesterday I got my iFrogz Luxe case in the mail and I couldn't wait to put it on my 3GS. I immediately threw it on, top first, and then I noticed that the two little prongs on the bottom piece weren't neatly put under the top part like they should be. And then I noticed that the case had become stuck on my phone. I tried for about an hour to pull the pieces off of my phone with all the strength in my hand. No success and at this point, I was fairly frustrated with the whole thing and I just went to bed. This morning I wake up to find that the case still won't budge and that my right thumb hurts fairly bad.

So, does anyone have any advice on how to get this damned thing off of my phone? I could probably just take it to an AT&T store (no Apple stores in my state at all) and ask them to correctly put it for me, but I would have to take the time and go there.

Also, I have an InvisibleShield on the back of my phone for when I want to take the case off, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I doubt those millimeters matter, but I don't know.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes MM matter more than you think. Frankly the tack from the IS is causing the case to stick, my guess is. You had to have really worked to get the case on, more so than you should have.

Your best bet is to wait for a cooler day or be somewhere cool just to ensure you're not causing any weird expansion with the plastic case, and try to just slide the case off. You shouldn't be applying pressure and you shouldn't have to work so hard that your thumb is injured as a result.

As far as I know this case is not known for accommodating any skin below it. I believe it has been asked and discussed on these boards and I would also venture to guess that common sense would suggest the case fits rather tight as is and millimeters matter.

The only other option is to see if you can't break the part by the volume rocker and relieve some pressure and pull off. In other words, your case may be damaged but your phone will be free. iFrogz probably wouldn't replace because of the IS you had on the phone, but who knows.

3. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

>_< Why did I not think of that? I'm most likely going to just slowly pull the pieces off gradually over the next couple of days and then peel the IS off of the phone. Now I just need to find something to stick the IS to and a good method to clean it when I try to use it again.

Thank you, I like your signature, by the way. I had to go and find that song to listen to after I read that. :D

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

You crammed that case on over a skin?

You are either going to have to tear the skin off in an attempt to remove the case, or break the case. I don't see that case coming off without harming something.

5. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Yeah, I wasn't thinking when I threw it on... It went on fairly easy though, but then again, anything is easy compared to trying to get the darned thing off.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't care for the band. I actually had no idea about the song until some kid around here was complaining about his poor poor life. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, the IS, you can peel off and return to IS for a new one. Lifetime warranty and they'll replace for a couple of bucks in shipping. No need to worry about where to stick it. I returned one that I took off because I wasn't happy with it for a while then wanted to reapply it. They know that if you have any work done on your device the skin has to come off. They will replace.

As for the case, yes, I think you need not to squeeze the case (I have the iFrogz so I know) but you just need to pull. It's hard not to pull without squeezing but if you're a dude you can basically figure out what kind of pressure you should apply. ;)

/runs away

7. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

So should I just save the box and such and make sure to register on Zagg.com or should I stick the two skins to the box? I ordered from Zagg,com so I think I may have registered when I bought it. How much is the shipping I will have to pay for it? Just wondering for when I do this. I will probably just get the new skin sent when I get this one off.

Yeah, the only song from the band that I know would be that one. I only still have it on my computer because it's not on a playlist anymore, I had completely forgotten about it until I read your sig.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe you just mail it back in a envelope. That's it, a couple of bucks and you're done. That's what I recall.
    And no registration as your purchase does that.

9. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Did you just stick them to the inside of the envelope?

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah. It was not real scientific. Honestly. I would just e-mail and they'll send one right out.

11. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Wow, I expected to have to get a box and such like I recently had to do with an Xbox.

Thank you for all help!

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Zagg turn around time can be pretty long though, it took mine 2 weeks or more so you may want to have a backup solution or another case.

13. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

As I said, I'll get the new ones sent to me as soon as I can get them off. At that point, I'll be using my Luxe case.

14. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm surprised you even got the luxe ON the phone with a skin in it! when i first put mine on it was tight with just the bare phone (and the first couple of times i had to take it off was pretty rough! but no scratches on the phone!!) it does get easier... mayby the luxe stretches a bit with wear???

anyways... i love my luxe (although their screen protector was pretty bad! had the rainbow effect on mine so i bought a PS clear and LOVE that! great combination... PS and ifrogz!

15. DEdwards2204 thread starter macrumors member

DEdwards2204

I finally got it off after a ton of frustration. The case still doesn't come together correctly. The black overlaps the blue. :(

16. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

17. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

I've had three Luxe cases and have never had a fit problem with any of them. Never tried to put it over an IS, though.

18. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I bought and returned the clear Luxe and it was a pain in the ass to put on and even worse to take off, that's because it didn't have the felt lining. I can't imagine putting that thing on with a skin, you must have really forced that sucker on.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Boo to a case that functioned normally and due to user error it is now a failure? Yeah no. Read the thread, this case failed because the OP thought it was ok to leave his IS skin on.

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

True but after my experience with the clear and others with the materials used I still think there is reason to say boo to this case.

21. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I've never had any problems with two of my Luxe cases, but I do know beforehand that the skins doesn't mix very well with this type of snug cases. Very satisfied customer so far with the price they offer and the looks :cool: