iFrogz Luxe for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by appview, Aug 6, 2010.

1. appview macrumors member

appview

Hey,

I know that my brother is getting an iPhone 4 for his birthday so I want to get a case for him. I'm thinking of the iFrogz Luxe as I have it for my 3Gs and I love it. However I've heard reviews that the Luxe for i4 is really bad. Anyone got any info on this?

Thanks
    James

2. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I got it from Best Buy. It was the first case available and I have to say, it's the best one i've tried so far. Fit's well, very slim.

I'm experimenting with going 'naked' right now, but if/when i go back to a case, it will probably be the iFrogz Luxe

3. bimmerchop macrumors regular

Agreed. I also love the felt lining inside the case which helps protect the back of the phone when sliding it in or from when dust and what not get in.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Nice, slim case if that's your preference. Some people have complained that it's a pain to take the case off but I chalk that up to user error. Not sure it'll hold up that well if the phone gets dropped BUT, it's a clean, slim looking case so your bro should be happy with it.

5. bimmerchop macrumors regular

6. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Don't waste your money. I had this case for 3 days (was the only option back then) and while it feels nice, the quality of it is just plain bad. The piece that snaps together became extremely loose after a day or so of light usage. Also I had the red and black one - the red turned to red with black stains all over it.

7. Steveo47 macrumors regular

I have it, i think its good, fits really tight. it will not work with a back/side protectors.

8. Lunarnova macrumors newbie

I currently have one on my phone and love it. It has the felt inside so the back does not scratch up the phone, has the nice texture on the outside so I don't feel like I'm going to drop it and should give some slight protection from a drop. It is a very tight fit, so you won't be able to use any skins on the phone.

I also have the Luxe Lean which is a one piece snap on case which has the same felt and soft texture, but has even more of a minimalist feel. It has the vents on the sides which let more of your phone show through. The lip on the screen side is not as pronounced, so I think it will work better with screen protectors.

On the down side, the early cases have the keyhole cutout for the camera/flash, so there may be some interference, but Ifrogz has said that they are releasing new cases. Apparently they are available at Best Buy already. Support has said that if you email pictures and a receipt showing the flash effect to them that they will email out free case codes when they become available.

Hope this helps some!

9. ilivestrong macrumors newbie

More Positive Feedback

I have had this Case (in black) and screen protector for about a month and no issues. Fit is fine and the cut outs do not interfere with Camera Lens and Flash. It basic protection but makes the IP4 have a naked look (as close as possible).

10. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I have the red and black Luxe (not the lean) and I really like it for the price. My only issue was that I wasn't fond of the back button - but it was much easier to take off and on my phone than the other cases I have and it protected the edges. I do believe that some of the colors interefered with the flash.

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have not personally used it, only seen a friend use it. Cosmetically it looks quite nice.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have one on my iPhone 4 and so does my wife. I like it, but there are some minor annoyances. First, it doesn't sit flat if you lay your phone on the back. There is a raised circle where the two pieces join. As a result, when I try and use my phone when it is resting on a table, it wobbles when I tap it. Second, it gets beat up pretty easily. My wife keeps hers in her purse, and it is showing heavy wear.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I had red & black case that I picked up from Best Buy and it lasted it one day. I was tipsy and dropped the phone and the case broke. Luckiliy it was the case and not the phone that broke. As stated before, I didn't like the fact that it didn't lay flat when laid on the back because of the connector. I think it's a last resort case and not so much one you just have to have or even go looking for.

14. appview thread starter macrumors member

appview