"iFrogz" style iPhone 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ldkaplan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

I bought a couple of cheap cases on eBay, this is the first to arrive. It was $7 including shipping.

As you can see, it's an iFrogz clone. My wife had one on her 3g, I think she paid $30 at Best Buy and I see the iPhone 4 version at AT&T for the same.

The main difference is the bottom half of the case does not have the felt lining. Other than that, they seem identical.

As for colors, I got the silver. The vendor also had white, blue and red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

3. simple20 macrumors regular

Agree on the clunkyness, but thats just the design of the iphone 4. If you want a nude, then it will look nice but you sacrifice a lot of protection. Very reminiscent of the original iphone. I would like the Ifrogs if they came in a single color... but very nice :cool:

4. ldkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

ldkaplan

Yeah, I actually like my phone neked, but I like to have a case handy as well if I'm going to be out and about (cycling, pool, etc). And I really can't see paying $20-30.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Some of the problems with iFrogz and clones for that matter; involve the use of the screen protector and the use of headphones or connector for speakers or aux plug for use in your vehicle. Screen protectors just don't fit on the iFrogz or the clones; and the case doesn't allow for large plugs like aux plugs or headphone plugs (just like the old days where you CUT the plug to fit in the original iPhone). You also have trouble using larger connecters to plug into the bottom of the iPhone 4, while the cases are on the iPhone 4. I've been learning from experience and $120 in iFrogz cases that are totally useless...:eek::eek::eek: