iFunbox security concern

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Neodymiumcarbid, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Neodymiumcarbid macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I came across this software a while ago, it enables you to access the filesystem of your iDevice while it's connected via usb or wifi. (doesn't require your device to be jailbroken and mine is not)
    I have sensitive data on some of my password protected apps plus some photos in Photo app. Now i figured all of them are accessible through this software even though mmy ipad is locked by a passcode.

What should i do?
    Should i remove my sensitive data so that in case my ipad is stolen i don't need to worry or is there a way to protect my data using ipad passcode while the device is connected to an iFunbox running computer?

I used google but i there was no security issues with this software, am I doing something wrong?

Thank in advance

2. SomeRandomAnt macrumors newbie

If your iPad is in fact stolen, the root drive should not be accessible to anyone as long as they have not logged onto the iPad. If you happen to have a bad password and the iPad gets stolen, good luck.