Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I got a little mad during an aerial shoot we were trying to get to last year.

And I HATE Southwest Airlines.

Enjoy. :D

10:00 on A&E tonight - if anyone has VHS and can record for me, I'll pay for the tape and shipping - we have broadband, but only local channels at home as we rarely watch TV and I have a 5,000 image package to ship to my clients tonight.

Thanks! :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I'm not sure what this "VHS" thing is you've referred to, but I just went online and scheduled one of my two TiVo's to record the episode ;)

Now, if only they got their TiVo asses in gear and made TiVoToGo for the Mac, I'd be able to upload a copy for you. I can try and pull it to my XP box, but I'm not really equipped to do much with it from there. I suppose I could try to copy it off to a VCR tape from TiVo. Hmmm. Might be worth it just to see if I can do it. I gotta get a DVD burner!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I'll do ya one better... got my WINDOWS machine set to record the show, and I'll burn it onto a DVD for you. :)

Now, you do mean the episode from 10 - 10:30, and NOT the episode from 10:30 - 11, right?

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
clayj said:
I'll do ya one better... got my WINDOWS machine set to record the show, and I'll burn it onto a DVD for you. :)

Now, you do mean the episode from 10 - 10:30, and NOT the episode from 10:30 - 11, right?

I guess record both...not sure which one. :confused:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
clayj said:

Maybe you could do a QT video for us that are a fan of iGary.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
OK, Ed H and Clay are gonna record the whole hour - how about one more for backup?

Like I said, I'll pay the expenses involved. ;)

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
We have a TV/VCR in my daughter's room. I'll try to remember to take command of it and record your show tonight. If I'm feeling extra enterprising, I'll feed the tape into my iMac (via Dazzle DV bridge) and make a DVD for you.
No promises. I'm chronically absent-minded after about 8.30p. :D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
It's the 10:00 episode.

Here's me getting my hate on:

airline_59_timing_is_everything_gary.jpg

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
iGary said:
It's the 10:00 episode.

Here's me getting my hate on:

airline_59_timing_is_everything_gary.jpg

Damn! You're not Steve Jobs in disguise... :p

Please can someone Tivo it, and set up a torrent, or something similar.. :) I would love to see iGary in action. :)

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
iGary said:
I got a little mad during an aerial shoot we were trying to get to last year.

And I HATE Southwest Airlines.

Enjoy. :D
For those of us scoring at home, which Airline contestant category do you fall into?
  1. Falling down drunk who doesn't understand why he's not being allowed to board
  2. Screechy businessman who doesn't understand that Southwest can't control the weather
  3. Midwesterner who learns for the first time that airlines do in fact oversell flights and his seats have been given away
  4. Comic relief (see: member of Beatles tribute band; man traveling to food eating contest; etc.)

P.S. I love this show.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
A&E said:
At Chicago Midway, Superman fan Jason is trying to use superhuman powers to persuade Denise to let him on board. At LAX, Jeremy called the airline ahead to inform them of his peanut allergy, but word didn't get through, and now he's come out in a rash. Over at another gate, two happy passengers Patricia and Alicia have already missed one flight because they've been at the bar. Susie gives them all they need to make their next flight, but like clockwork, they head back to the bar while they wait. It's a busy day at BWI, with some cancelled flights causing mayhem for passenger iGary, who's already on his third boarding card for the same flight. And at another gate, the Islip flight is oversold, and Gina has to pull a stand-by passenger off. Trouble is, he's got to get to New York as fast as possible, since his wife has just gone into labor. Can Gina get him on a flight fast enough to get him to the birth of his child. TVPG L cc

Hey iGary, does the L at the end of the synopsis stand for Language? :D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
powermac666 said:

I think I used the F word. :eek:

Funny thing is, I had totally forgotten about this as it was a year ago. A friend called me from Florida to tell me I was going to be on! :D

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
"...causing mayhem for passenger iGary, who's already on his third boarding card for the same flight."

Do you REALLY go by iGary when you are you in the offline world? Oh dear. :confused:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Wait, so Gary, tell more stories. :D

Were you being interviewed, or just randomly getting your hate on, and got videotaped acting the fool? :p

The stories can wait till after the eagle has landed. :)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Lyle said:
For those of us scoring at home, which Airline contestant category do you fall into?
  1. Falling down drunk who doesn't understand why he's not being allowed to board
  2. Screechy businessman who doesn't understand that Southwest can't control the weather
  3. Midwesterner who learns for the first time that airlines do in fact oversell flights and his seats have been given away
  4. Comic relief (see: member of Beatles tribute band; man traveling to food eating contest; etc.)

P.S. I love this show.

Businessman paying a pilot and a photographer 200.00 an hour or something each to get bumped from gate to gate to gate. :D

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
aricher said:
"...causing mayhem for passenger iGary, who's already on his third boarding card for the same flight."

Do you REALLY go by iGary when you are you in the offline world? Oh dear. :confused:

ummm, that was my minor embellishment to the on-line episode synopsis. couldn't resist. :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
powermac666 said:

t's a busy day at BWI, with some cancelled flights causing mayhem for passenger iGary, who's already on his third boarding card for the same flight.

One of many reasons (the main one is that they are in BWI for us in Virginia) that I resist flying SWA. Sorry for your hassles iGary!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
powermac666 said:
ummm, that was my minor embellishment to the on-line episode synopsis. couldn't resist. :D
phew - that's a relief. I know we all probably spend waayyy too much time living and breathing Mac-centricly - the thought of someone taking it one step further like that was a bit disturbing.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
just chiming in - if anybody who's recording iGary wants to send me the clip that he's in I'll host it for the whole of macrumors to see ;)

now, where's the buttery popcorn? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.