IGN started reviewing iPhone games. Monkeyball: 4.5/10!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DreamPod, Jul 12, 2008.

1. DreamPod macrumors 65816

http://wireless.ign.com

Super Monkey Ball fights you every step of the way during that critical first impression. The tilt controls are sloppy -- precision is a precious commodity in AiAi's jungle. It's too bad, because the production values and amount of content in here are solid. Your $10 only buys you a ball of frustration. Avoid it.

They loved Critter Crunch though, 8.5:

Critter Crunch is one of the best iPhone games thus far. I had no qualms giving it a 9 on mobile phones and only because this port adds little new (besides improved visuals) but costs twice as much, it's scoring a touch lower. If you love puzzle games, do not hesitate. I recommend it over Tetris and Bejeweled 2, which are both fine games. But Critter Crunch is truly something special.

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i dont care about igns reviews to be honest i still dont see how they gave Gta IV a 10 after the whole freezing bug and GTA IV dont get me wrong was good it wasnt a 10 maybe a 8 atleast especailly after playing mgs4. That said i do think monkeyball is great once you get the controlls down its a good game i will give it a 7 i do agree they need to fix the centering.