Ignore App Store Updates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sammy.d, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sammy.d macrumors regular

I had an app on my MacBook that I never used. I recently did a clean install of Mountain Lion on the same MacBook (not using the Migration Assistant or anything to copy my old data). I reinstalled the apps that I wanted from the App Store (and obviously didn't install the ones I used to have that I no longer wanted).

Now the App Store shows one of my old apps in the updates tab, even though I have never touched that app since my reinstall. There is only one app doing this, there are other apps that I didn't end up installing that I used to have, but they don't appear as updates like this one.

I have tried everything to get rid of the app from the updates. I have even succumbed to the frustration and clicked update, which installed the app, then I deleted it from my computer, and then the app reappeared in the updates immediately.

Any help on how I can get this app to leave me alone forever would be appreciated. Is there a way I can hide an app from the updates tab? Can I somehow delete the app from my records of downloads?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Look in the applications folder, it's there. Delete it.

3. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely not. I didn't have it installed initially and if you read my first post, I said I deleted after installing it. It is not in my applications folder.