Ignore/Decline incoming call

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I apologize if this is a really simple question. Check out the screenshot attached. Sometimes when I get an incoming call I have the option to Ignore/Decline (red button) and sometimes it pops up (as shown in the screenshot) with no option to ignore the income call - I have to let it go through the ring cycle. It's intrusive and annoying, especially considering 99% of the calls I receive these days are spam/phish/bullsh*t calls (including the call in my screenshot).

Is there a setting that I can change that will have the Ignore/Decline button show up 100% of the time on incoming calls?

Thank you.

phone1.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I apologize if this is a really simple question. Check out the screenshot attached. Sometimes when I get an incoming call I have the option to Ignore/Decline (red button) and sometimes it pops up (as shown in the screenshot) with no option to ignore the income call - I have to let it go through the ring cycle. It's intrusive and annoying, especially considering 99% of the calls I receive these days are spam/phish/bullsh*t calls (including the call in my screenshot).

Is there a setting that I can change that will have the Ignore/Decline button show up 100% of the time on incoming calls?

Thank you.

View attachment 822178
The buttons to accept or decline appear when a call comes in when the phone is unlocked, while the slider to accept appears when the phone is locked (so that the call wouldn't be accidentally accepted or declined while someone is getting the phone out, for example).

In either situation you can use the side/top lock/sleep button to decline the call: press it once to silence it and then press it one more time to decline it.

Last edited:
Reactions: I7guy

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
The buttons to accept or decline appear when a call comes in while the phone is unlocked, while the slider to accept appears when the phone is locked (so that the call wouldn't be accidentally accepted or declined while someone is getting the phone out, for example).

In either situation you can use the side/top lock/sleep button to decline the call: you can press it once to silence it and then press it one more time to decline it.
Perfect, simple solution. Thanks guys!

Reactions: C DM