Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hi all,

I added somebody to my ignore list but it still shows that they posted (see screenshot). I know it sounds petty but I'd rather completely forget about them and not even know that they posted.

Untitled.png

May I ask if there's any way that this can be done? I thought it was worth asking. :)

Thank you for any assistance!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That's the way its going to look when you enable it. To my knowledge, to do anything more would require customization of the code by the admins.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
That's the way its going to look when you enable it. To my knowledge, to do anything more would require customization of the code by the admins.

Ah okay, no problem. I'll exercise some self-control and try to resist the urge to click 'show what they posted' - curiosity killed the cat and I'd only end up riling myself up.

Thank you for your quick response and hope you have a great weekend.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Is there a way inside the tapatalk app to activate an ignore or is this something that can only be done on the full web based version of the site? I might be being thick here but I click on my settings or the person I wish to hide and the option isn't there? I don't mind seeing their name pop up, just so long as posts are hidden. :)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Is there a way inside the tapatalk app to activate an ignore or is this something that can only be done on the full web based version of the site? I might be being thick here but I click on my settings or the person I wish to hide and the option isn't there? I don't mind seeing their name pop up, just so long as posts are hidden. :)

I'm not sure. I haven't used Tapatalk in over a year. I guess just poke around in there and look. Or just go to the website for a minute and take care of it there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.