Ignore This

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VilT, Dec 17, 2007.

1. VilT macrumors newbie

Today, I did something really, really stupid. I have a 15", 2.16 GHz MBP (before the SR's were released). I wanted to clean the screen and the keyboard of my MBP and ended up popping off the left Shift key by accident. I can't seem to put it back in, as the Shift key is a bit different then the letter ones.

Also, I wanted to replace the RAM on my laptop and ended up doing something even MORE stupid. I forgot to pull back on the memory holders and ended up snapping them off. Talk about idiotic. Now my RAM chip is stuck at an angle, while it still functions properly on my MBP.

Okay, so the main problem is this. I want to take my laptop to the Apple store and address both these problems, but they'll probably find it really suspicious. This is an honest problem and I'm not trying to score a free, new laptop. These mistakes are the cause of my stupid, idiotic predictions. What should I do?

Shoul I ignore the Shift key and ask them to fix the RAM problem? Or should I address both of the issues, despite the fact that it makes my problems suspicious? I'm so overwhelmed, right now.

EDIT: I don't even care about the RAM holders anymore. What I'm more worried about is the left Shift key. Is there any way for me to do this myself, without messing up my MBP even more? I've tried reading other threads, but the solutions there don't seem to work. Either that or I'm stupid (which is probably the problem).

2. VilT thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, nevermind. This was stupid.

I'm going to do this myself. Apple isn't going to cover something as ridiculous as this. Take care of your laptops and be sensible. Don't be like me, please.