iGrabber - FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JinsterBeady, Nov 24, 2011.

1. JinsterBeady macrumors member

Aloha, yet again.
    Hoping I can get some help on this one. There doesn't seem to be a lot of iGrabber support out there but we'll see how it goes.
    The reason I've put it in this forum is as you can see, I'm having trouble with footage captured by the iGrabber of which I am trying to edit in FCE.

Basically, when captured in iGrabber, I have put all of my settings the way I would like them. (See first attachment). As you can see, I need it to be Pal/25 frames.

Unfortunately, when I am importing the files into FCE they are apparently 29.97 frames/DV-Pal (See second attachment)

I'm only assuming here, but when I go through the footage, the video and audio are out of sync. Then, when I have cut judging just by the video, when I look to the exported file the video has been cut somewhere completely different.

Basically I am doing a whole heap of VHS tapes for a friend and majority of them are over 2 hours. They are of dances so I am trying to cut the full video at the halfway mark just after a dance has finished. However because the video is out, the dances are being cut mid way. And I can't give them to her like that.

Hope this is making sense. Hope it's easy to fix. And hope you guys don't mind me asking a million questions! Let me know if there's anything else needed!

Ta.

Attached Files:

2. JinsterBeady thread starter macrumors member

*Update*
    Have just imported files into toast to convert them (will take days!) but noticed that Toast is recognizing the files as 24.97fps.

So it has to be something to do with FCE?

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Does Express not support 25 frames? Could that be the issue? I'm in NTSC land over here so i'm not familiar with working with PAL

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Yes, it does when you st your timeline correctly.
    24.97fps? I thought that .97 was unique to NTSC :confused:

Don't you have digitzer or a miniDV cam with dubbing function at hand? You can ingest your VHS directly into FCE via FW without any issue.

5. JinsterBeady thread starter macrumors member

I do have a miniDV cam. Not entirely sure what you mean though?
    Also I really am hoping to not have to recapture as there's 30 hours worth of footage! (Think I'm out of luck though)

Also, it shouldn't have anything to do with my timeline as when imported into FCE, the browser itself says 29fps. So it's changing it.
    =S
    Just totally crazy.
    And yeah I've never seen 24.97fps either!

6. JinsterBeady thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all your help.

Problem wasn't exactly sorted but am just converting in Toast.
    Turns out FCE doesn't like anything from iGrabber.

7. cdsnjs macrumors newbie