Iguanas on the Jersey Shore Boardwalk?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gan6660, Jul 21, 2010.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Hi, just wondering if anyone recently took a trip to the Jersey Shore? Ill be going next week and havent been there in a few years but I remember maybe 5 years ago I was on the boardwalk and saw a few stores selling iguanas in little cages for like $20. Ive always wanted on but my mom wouldnt let me get one back then but I could now so I was wondering if anyone has seen them?

2. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Come to south Florida and catch a few hundred and take them home. We won't miss the damned things, that's for sure.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You want Snooki to come live with you? No wonder your mom said no. :)

4. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

I wonder if I would have to get each one its own seat on the plane ride back home?:rolleyes: Do you really have that many? I went to Florida once and only saw a couple lizards but no iguanas.

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

lmao post of the day. :D

6. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

I never did watch that show but when I was searching for cars earlier this year a GMC dealer that I was at had her visit as a promotion and the place was packed.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A truly sad day in US history. :)

8. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

Yes and worse yet no one bought a car. I ended up going to the Toyota dealer and getting a Highlander.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

:D:D:D:D

OMG- that is awesome.

:D:D:D

10. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I haven't see anything like that on any of the beaches I go to. Most of the boardwalks sell hermit crabs. That's about it.
    Also, even if they did sell reptiles, what makes you think its a safe idea to buy one from a stall on the Jersey shore? If you really want one go to a pet store or a breeder.

11. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'd encourage you not to buy one from anywhere. Enjoy them in nature where they belong :).

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I can't say I've ever seen any iguanas for sale on a Jersey boardwalk.

13. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Are you sure your not talking about Chameleons (technically Anoles)? I lived in NJ for 23 years and don't remember any Iguanas, just Hermit crabs and more recently Anoles.

Did they look like this? - http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/mstsclass/Green_anole.jpg

EDIT: I guess your right, I googled a bit and found this from Wildwood - http://www.shorenewstoday.com/index...d-leader/627-crabs-come-back-to-the-walk.html It seems they were selling Iquanas there at some point, so I assume they were in other places as well.

14. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

I hate to hijack this thread, but FYI the crew of "Jersey Shore" isn't even from NJ. They are all transplants from Staten Italy... I mean Staten Island.

I have lived in NJ my entire life and the influx of people from that area have literally destroyed entire neighborhoods down along the Jersey Shore corridor.

The attitudes, hummers with huge chrome rims, grown men wearing track pants all the time and fat women with big hair and dragon nails has gotten out of control.

I say we blow all the bridges between NJ and Staten Island or just wash our hands of the entire mess and nuke the entire northeast.

The only good thing about the housing market crash is many of them got in over their heads and wound up in foreclosure and went back to where they came from.

15. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Iguanas have established breeding populations in all of south Florida, and as an invasive species they're causing all kinds of problems for ground nesting birds. I recently walked from Key Largo to Key West (100 miles) and saw quite a number of them along the way.

16. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Te he he! :D