iHDD's Totally Gone!?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by b-rad g, Feb 3, 2012.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Looks like Apple's legal division got to them. Same thing happened to the iHub. With products like these, once they're on the market, you best get them before they're pulled. It's usually only a matter of time before they get a cease and desist order (or worse).

3. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I figured that was the case. I just figured they would be available SOMEWHERE.

I guess next time you get 'em while there hot! Even if you don't need them at the time.

4. jwm2 macrumors regular

Check google, there is a place still selling them for $19/ea (black or white), i thought about buying one earlier today but i just don't need it. Wish i could justify the expense, but i can't :/

5. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the post, if I could justify getting some of these I would.....

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

You can get the iHub on DX

7. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Yeah I got the iHub2 when they first appeared and was one of the best purchases.

----------

Link??

I have searched google over and over and all I can come up with are reviews from when it came out and links to buy them but when followed they all say "Product Unavailable".

8. skorpien macrumors 68020

I should've clarified. I meant the iHub 2. The one without the loop that looks more like an AEBS than the first iHub. Not sure if the iHub 2 is available anywhere, but the place I bought it actually sent an email saying it's no longer available due to legal reasons but they were still honoring orders placed before it was pulled.

9. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

My iHub (from dealextreme) just came.. It looks pretty nice allthough the other one looks really nice!

10. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Link? I was going to buy one and I found utter disappointment.

11. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

I just thought I would resurrect this 2 year old thread :).

Anyone know where I can get one of these? I got one a few years ago but they seem to have completely disappeared.

12. skorpien macrumors 68020

If the company was served a cease and desist letter by Apple's lawyers, it most certainly would have stopped manufacturing them to avoid being sued.

The longer the wait afterwards, the less likely you'll find any available anywhere (and if you do the price will be horrendous).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you won't find any. There's nothing listed on eBay and the only things to come up on search were old, dead threads and years old YouTube vids.

13. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

14. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

This is the only situation where someone telling a Mac user they're only buying it for the logo is actually true :D

15. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If someone came out with a product like iFart, would Apple legal be on them like stink on ..........? ;)