iHeart Radio no multitasking?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hardsc02, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hardsc02 macrumors member

I was streaming iheart radio and double clicked to switch to messages and the stream completely drops out just like it did before 4.0. What the hell? I thought this was supposed to work. Is this feature not supported in iHeart Radio?

2. hardsc02 thread starter macrumors member

Hell I guess everyone's too busy whining/discussing about the press release today. Anybody know anything about iHeart Radio and multitaksing, or lack there of. Just would like for this to work.

3. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

The app hasn't been updated yet to support multitasking. Personally I think this is unacceptable and I change my review from 5 stars to 1 star as a result.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The developer need to resubmit the app with background support. Nothing Apple or you can do about it.

I'm not familiar with that app, I'm not ripping on it. In general though, with 4.0 being released, you really see which developers care enough about their app enough to upgrade quickly to take advantage of new features, and which ones don't.

5. djgulia macrumors 6502

Same with CBS radio. I'll give them a few more weeks to update the app before I let it bother me.

6. ryno2292 macrumors member

I did see on iheartradio's twitter feed that it will be updated to support multitasking within the next couple weeks. The sooner the better.

7. hardsc02 thread starter macrumors member

Alright thanks.