iHeartRadio NOT running in background w/ iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rbill2k3, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rbill2k3 macrumors newbie

On my 3GS w/ iOS4, whenever I open iHeartRadio, I can hear it fine. Whenever I hit the home button, it closes, and I cannot hear it, just like before. How can I do other things on my phone and still listen to the radio?

Is there a write up on how to multitask? From what I've seen, anything I close goes into the multitask bar at the bottom. When I click them again, it simply starts the app, i.e. the app is not running.

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Each app needs to be updated by the developer to support things like the background audio streaming.

3. rbill2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

4. grschafer macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when this app will be updated to run in the background of iOS4? Thanks

5. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Looked around for developer contact information, but I couldn't find any. I did find where they said multitasking would come with the 4.0 OS upgrade, so it certainly seems like it will be very soon.