iheartradio

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bw1128, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

anyone notice that it kills your battery? 30 mins of listening drops my battery from 100% to about 80%. is that normal?

2. jgayman macrumors member

I have not found that to be the case. Today for example I have been listening to the radio for almost 4 hours in addition to reading some emails and my battery is still at 96%. I started with a fresh charge this morning.

3. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

iheartradio will use more battery than using just your ipod music because anytime you're streaming (wifi or 3g) music, you'll use more battery (same should go for pandora).

that being said, I've never experienced 20% drop in battery life from 30 minutes of streaming music -- that doesn't seem normal at all. Is your screen locked while the music is playing? If not, that should help. Also, I turn of location permissions for that app, since I don't think it's really necessary...if I want to listen to local stations, I'll listen to the radio. I use iheartradio to usually listen to music from elsewhere in the country.

4. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

As long as you lock the screen (so it's black), you shouldn't see that bad a drop in battery life. I wonder if maybe you have bluetooth and 3G turned on as well - BT alone can wipe out some battery life, if you're streaming to headphones.

5. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i do have bluetooth on and 3g on, but i have them always on. i am still seeing a large drop in battery with iheartradio. but not its goes from 100% to about 88% in 30-40mins of iheartradio. i listen to in at the gym so the screen is always off and in my pocket.

lately i have noticed that it keeps getting buffered, it will stop and trying to buffer. so i have to turn my phone back off and on to get it fixed.

secondly i have noticed that some stations are off by about 10 mins. i can listen to the station in my car to the gyum and then when i get out and start listening to iheartradio, its like i have already heard this 10 mins ago. why is that?

6. evilbastard macrumors member

I use IHeartRadio, OOTunes, and the C-SPAN Radio App. All of these eat up my battery. I like the OOTunes better than IHeart because it provides an easy search for radio stations (Although it does cost $5.00).