ihome clock adapters

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dinosaur1, Sep 22, 2012.

1. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

I am one of many who got screwed. Are there any suggestions for adapters for these as of yet?

2. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

I highly doubt its possible to use an adapter for any sort of 30-pin dock. The adapter would raise the phone above the actual dock, not allowing for any support and I'm sure the lightning connection would just snap due to the weight of the iphone.

3. irishgreenapple macrumors member

Would the adapter with the longer connector work ($39 one, instead of $29) i.e, you could at least leave phone laying on table next to Ihome?

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I'm wondering about this too. It seems unstable/unusuable. Great. OP- my current solution is to use an aux-in cable for music and just charge my phone elsewhere for now. :(

5. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Since no one has made new clocks yet, let's wait and see what happens first. There may be smaller adapters for the 30 pin connection later. Obviously there will be aftermarket models available at some point.

6. compwiz1202 macrumors regular

Yea, I just plug mine into the power surge and hook the aux to my iHome. I hope iHome or a similar company makes iP5 models soon.