IHome IH8 alarm problem with Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scubapro5000, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Scubapro5000 macrumors newbie

Just yesterday i purchased the IHome IH8 from a friend who had received it as a gift, but already had one. I had been wanting one for a while but didn't want to spend all that money on it so when my friend offered me a reduced price I eagerly took the chance and bought it from him. When i got home, set it up and hooked up my ipod touch i was very pleased with the quality of sound and that the remote worked with it. After a few minutes of trying to figure out the alarm I became quickly confused and frustrated; when the ipod touch is in lock mode (so the screen is black) the alarm wont turn it on! So i played around with it for a while and it seems that the ipod alarm only works when you put on 'auto lock - never' which means that the screen is on all night, and im not a fan of night lights. Does anyone know how to get this to work properly? when i have it on auto lock the ipod screen turns back on but tells you to slide to unlock, so instead of music i get an annoying buzzing sound, and the reason i bought this item was to wake up to my ipod!

Thanks for your time

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's funny, because I have an older model iHome, (the iH3, I think), and it works fine. My iPod can go into lock mode and shut the screen off, then in the morning it turns on and stays locked but plays music (like when you're controlling it by a double-tap on the home button without unlocking the screen). I'd call up iHome, see if you got a defective unit or if they changed something.

jW

3. Scubapro5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

are you using an ipod touch?

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Heh, sorry, forgot to specify. Yes, I'm using a 16GB iPod touch.

jW