iHome Studio Series or Bose Sounddock?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by n459umb4786ers, Aug 13, 2009.

1. n459umb4786ers macrumors regular

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I've had previous versions of iHome stuff and the quality was not up to Bose. That doesn't mean that they haven't improved...

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The iHome iP1 is available at Best Buy. I have listened to it several times, and it is the best sounding thing I've ever heard. The specs don't lie. I could not get it to distort.
    iLounge loved everything about it, but said the image quality from the component output could be better. Amazon has it for $250 on pre-order. From what I have seen, other retailers besides Best Buy and Apple should have it in stock next week.

4. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

Have you listened to Bose's SoundDock for iPod? If you did do you think the iHome is better?

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I was never impressed with anything Bose. Much better options for any sound out there IMO but the Bose sound dock has always been overpriced IMO. The sound is just not that great. We had one in the store I used to work at that played all day so I definitely heard enough of it.

Now with that being said I have not heard the new iHome but I assume your talking about the clear one that just came out (or is coming out.) I've heard nothing but good things but as most will tell you, try before you buy!!! :)