iHub USB Hub

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mwheeler609, Apr 19, 2011.

1. mwheeler609 macrumors member

mwheeler609

Anyone order that iHub that was on engadget today? I went an placed an order on it it was 16$ with shipping, extreme lawyer bait as many articles have stated.

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Just ordered one.

Black.

Coming from Hong Kong it will probably take forever to get here.

3. noogin macrumors newbie

got one in white, looks so apple-esque, i'm expecting them to stop selling this in about a week lol, paying with paypal just in case

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

According to their site, this is version 2 of that hub. So if Apple hasn't shut down the first version, maybe they won't shut down the second. Unless they're biding their time until they can really get them... Either way, ordering mine now :D

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

LOL - I thought the same thing. I picked up both a black and white version. They look really cool and figured Apple with put the smack down on them in the near future.

6. mwheeler609 thread starter macrumors member

mwheeler609

Yea I figured why not grab one while it is still available, looks pretty sick and I also did paypal to stay safe.

7. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Their website isn't even loading for me anymore, I'm thinking about ordering one off of eBay though.

8. Corbin052198 macrumors 6502

Corbin052198

I saw it too, looks pretty cool. I can't wait to get one...

...better get it now before Steve pulls the plug... :D

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Well if you didn't get one, it's gone after Apple put pressure on MIC. They say that existing orders will be filled.

Here's the email that I received this morning...

Message from M.I.C Store

You have received a new message regarding order #xxxx:

Dear Customer, We are warned by Apple Inc. to stop selling the iHub and pull it down from our store. If you have already made a purchase, you are one of the lucky ones. We ship all orders within 3 working days after payment made but due to the Easter Public Holiday from Apr 22~25, shipping resumes only Apr 26. As we have many orders to process, there will be a slight delay. Delivery takes 10-14 working days after ship out from Hong Kong and tracking will be provided upon ship out. Please accept our apologies and rest assured that we are working hard to rectify this. w/rgds, Cyril Chang

M.I.C Store powered with PrestaShop™​

10. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

11. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I wonder how they can still have the iHub1 still on their site because it also looks very apple-esque if you ask me. Maybe it's just that the iHub2 looks that good.

Anyway this makes the purchase that much sweeter as the few that ordered early will be the only ones to have one.

12. ZipZap, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

ZipZap macrumors 601

Crap...would have wanted one.

Update...found them.

13. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I ordered one while it was on the web site a couple days ago....didn't get that email though.

14. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

15. skorpien macrumors 68020

I just got mine today! I must say, the pictures on the web didn't do it justice! With the exception of a bunk USB to mini USB cable it works perfectly too :)

I've yet to see any product mimic Apple's branding quite like this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is until you flip it onto its back...
    [​IMG]

Apparently a USB hub is crucial for backups...
    [​IMG]

All opened up and unpacked.
    [​IMG]

It didn't work at first, but thankfully that was due to a bad USB cable. It was too short anyway...
    [​IMG]

And finally with the flash off.
    [​IMG]

Excuse the quality of my pictures. I'm still getting the hang of my new camera.