iHulu? Is this for real?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scirica, Nov 28, 2009.

1. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I see an application in Cydia, hosted by Big Boss called iHulu. Has anyone downloaded this to see what it really is? I can't imagine is a fully functioning viewer, but wouldn't that be great??

2. chili macrumors member

im gonna download it in a sec

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The description says it's a "Hulu fan site" that aims to provide the "Hulu experience."

4. scirica thread starter macrumors 68020

scirica

I went ahead and downloaded it. You can watch a few shows right now. If they are able to expand this to include everything on Hulu it would be very cool. Watching last weeks episode of the office right now and quality is very good. Not sure if it requires Safari DL manager or not, but I do have that installed and had the option of viewing or downloading the file.

Very light application. No harm in having it around!

5. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

I tried to watch family guy and tge simpsons and it gave me an error for each

6. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I downloaded and tried a few videos. They are all loaded from third party video hosts so it's basically nothing like Hulu, it's just videos of TV shows like Hulu does.
    Useful if it stays alive more than a week but I expect it to get shut down quite quickly.

7. yomnym macrumors 6502

yomnym

Looks good, hope they would adda few more shows and stay open for a while. Looks to be favoring wifi use though.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yeah, these movie/tv download and streaming apps show up in Cydia all the time. I've tried a couple, but they're usually dependent on sites like MegaUpload, which regularly remove the files they link to.

9. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

It's basically like every other 'i' app relating to a TV show. They all link to a site with links to 3rd party video hosts and generally don't get maintained and get shutdown within a month of appearing.

When Hulu (or who ever makes Hulu) bring out a real app then you can get that one. It will clealy be run legally.