IiPhone4 stuck in recovery mode, please please help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LOdgik83, Dec 3, 2011.

1. LOdgik83 macrumors newbie

I have trid all i can trust me, if i missed something im sorry. I got a iPhone and wanted to do a reset to factory settings, now that's didnt work i had the spinning wheel for hours, so i stopped it. Now im stuck in recovery mode, with the usb pointing to connect to iTunes screen.
    This screen here
    [​IMG]

Please someone help me :( i have no phone for d last two days and im going insane...

As as i know to restore i need to get out of recovery mode and into dfu mode..
    iTunes just wont do anything for me when i try to restore, Please help.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Would you elaborate more on what you mean Itunes just won't do anything for you? what error message did you get from Itunes?

3. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

bro i have got a few different ones. When i load itunes it says phone stuck in recovery mode, please restore or something like that... I try and it fails after a but a different error code all the time.

----------

I just tried to restore again, error code 1604

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Are you restoring it to the latest Apple firmware 5.0.1 by clicking on restore?

Was your phone in DFU mode when you do it or it was in recovery?

5. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes latest ios 5.0.1 amd no DFU its stuck in recovery.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Put your phone into DFU mode.

While your phone hook up to your PC (even it in recovery), press & hold power buttons at the same time until you have a blank screen, then release power button and keep holding your phone home button until your PC/Itunes recognize it. Itunes will inform you that it is in recovery mode, hit restore and you should be able to restore your phone.

7. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that, wont restore for me.... im not on a JB phone its a non JB PHONE.

:mad:WHAT AM i GONNA DO WITH U :(

Caps are me screaming @ my phone lol

----------

Getting error 3194 now??

8. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB
    would that have anything to do with it? Windows says im missing it, were do i dl it do??

9. LOdgik83, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im finally getting some progress.... at least some.. still not there yet!!!

Ok ITunes is restoring the custom ios 5.0.1 and all go`s fine till i get to a screen were there is a apple logo over a status bar that should fill with white till the end of it, but nothing happens :( it just stays the same. Apple logo on top of the status bar. What in the hell will I do now :(

This is were im stuck, except on mine i have no progress at all its just blank
    [​IMG]

10. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lads I have tried EVERYTHING (At least everything I can Google or ask here or on other forums) Im still not getting my phone to boot up!

I can get iTunes to do a restore using a custom iOS made by sn0wbreze.
    All go`s to plan, iTunes restores the phone and then when I get to the screen with the apple logo above the progress bar nothing happens :( Its been stuck on that screen now for the last 3 hours or so...

Were in the hell do I go 4rm here?

Just to say how I got iTunes to do the restore, I changed the host file, I put a # in front of the apple ip address and all went ok , if I don't have that done to the host file iTunes will just give me an error at the 1st hurdle.

Please lads help me .... I have even went to a internet cafe and tried a different PC but still the same result.

At this stage I am on my hands and knees begging for help!!

11. LOdgik83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i put thee iOS rom into redsnOw and clicked boot in extrs,
    I don't know what happened, but it worked :)

I had tried this b4 a few times but it never worked, I just done it there abd now my phone is back to life :)

Thanks to everyone for all of your help.
    Il be sticking around here now this is a
    gr8 board......................................