Iiyama XB2776QS-B1 vs. Dell U2713HM

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by megasad, Sep 13, 2013.

1. megasad macrumors member

I was all set to buy a "Dell U2713HM" for 499€ when Amazon was rude and showed me the "Iiyama XB2776QS-B1" for 485€ as something else I might like to buy.

The prices being so close, the main differences seem to be:

• Dell has a built-in USB 3.0 hub
    • Iiyama has built-in speakers
    • Iiyama has less grainy anti-glare finish on display
    Does anyone have any experience with the Iiyama? Any reasons to buy one other the over?

Also, I had some HiDPI questions in the MBP forum, if anyone has any insight on those too.

2. Giuly, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

When the difference is 14€, then you're getting the Dell, dude.

Seriously though, the Iiyama has a panel of unknown quality (while the Dell is top-notch). There is an inexpensive speakerbar from Dell that clips on underneath all UltraSharp displays, if you care for those. And the anti-glare finish has vastly improved from earlier models.

Oh, and this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

i've owned the u2711, the u2713hm, and a couple thunderbolt displays amongst others and i'll verify the u2713hm has a much, much nicer antiglare coating than the u2711... it's still noticeable sometimes if looking for it, but 99% of the time I truly don't and I far prefer it to the reflections on the thunderbolt display (but prefer the '12 iMac to either). anyways, the stand on the u2713hm with swivel & height adjustment is supreme, and I really like the audio out to my audioengine speakers (audio carried through displayport)... the thing to tuck away the cables is nice.... really hate the way the inputs positioned on the monitor though, they stick out on the TBD and face the bottom and are difficult to access on the U2713hm... also the usb 3.0 hub most certainly doesn't work with my rMBP and i'm not even sure it is a usb 3.0 hub as was advertised... 2 of the ports are on the bottom and are more suited for things permanently plugged in, while 2 are on the side and don't look so great when things are plugged into them... i just don't use the hub at all.... quibbles aside, i love the display and strongly recommend it, one of the best i've ever encountered.

4. megasad, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

megasad thread starter macrumors member

I have a Wireless Speaker Adapter connected to a beefy stereo, so won't bother with the sound bar, it was just something I noticed as a difference. But so a better panel and the anti-glare finish not being grainy are convincing, thanks for the feedback.

Interesting that the USB hub doesn't work. I wasn't planning on using it but I'll check that out when it arrives.

5. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

It works at USB 2.0 speeds.

6. NinjaDuck macrumors member

NinjaDuck

i just acquired the U2412m. Loving it to bits. Get the dell!

7. megasad thread starter macrumors member

Ordered on Amazon, it should arrive later this week.

I've been without my 1280x720 HiDPI display four months now, I look forward to everything being gloriously enormous once again!