Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maccanuck2006

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2006
Vancouver Canada
Came in the nick of time. On Tuesday my secretary bricked my 1.0.2 firmware iPhone (software unlocked with anySIM) when she synced it to update my contacts and uploaded 1.1.4 by accident.

iJailbreak worked brilliantly within 5 minutes and I'm up and running back on Rogers today. Everything works great and safari is much more stable than before. :)

Sorry for the double post......

hari-bhari

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
i have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone, and i want to upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it. what is the best way to do this? is it safe to let itunes upgrade the phone to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak it using ijailbreak? or will it brick my phone if i try to upgrade it when its already jailbroken. any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated.

HeyKenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2007
I have an 8gb day1 iPhone 1.1.3 that I used iJailbreak on and have been loving it! I'm somewhat new to jailbreaking so could someone kindly tell me the process involved in going to 1.1.4 and re-jailbreaking?

Do I install iJailbreak 0.5.4 first then upgrade to 1.1.4? vice-versa? Are the apps I've installed still there or will I need to reinstall them?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm kind of confused about the process and haven't seen it spelled out anywhere.

Thanks!

hari-bhari

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
ok so i went out on a limb and tried it out. i had a 1.1.3 unlocked iphone that was unlocked using ijailbreak (which is ridiculously easy to use by the way, considering i dont know JACK about unlocking). i then upgraded to 1.1.4 in itunes without my SIM card in, which came back as successful. it deactivated the iphone though. i ran ijailbreak 0.5.4 and it worked succesfully although all my installed programs are gone. anyone know how to get them back?

earlier today i took a 1.1.2 NOT unlocked iphone, upgraded 1.1.4 in itunes, and then used ijailbreak on it successfully as well.

so if you have a mac, this is the EASIEST way to go in my opinion

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
I'm confused about this. If I understand it, iJailbreak is based on Ziphone. Ziphone has a gui for both Win and Mac and at least the Mac version works well.

so, what's the point of iJailbreak?

Neobond

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Minneapolis
I'm confused about this. If I understand it, iJailbreak is based on Ziphone. Ziphone has a gui for both Win and Mac and at least the Mac version works well.

so, what's the point of iJailbreak?

iJailBreak GUI was released before there was a GUI version of ZiPhone for OSX, now that there is a GUI ZiPhone I'm not sure if there is a point to this.

In previous versions of iJailBreak AriX has claimed to have made some bug fixes that weren't included in ZiPhone, but I don't know how different these two new version are. (0.5.4 for iJailBreak and 2.5 for ZiPhone)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.