Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
Hi, I know that ZiPhone can unlock, jailbreak and activate your iPhone, but can I jailbreak activate it? The only options it seems to give are Jailbreak or Unlock and Jailbreak. Does it activate the iPhone as well? Thanks!

Duflul

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2007
It does, I took my iphone out of the box, jailbreaked first (cause it had 1.1.2) then restored with 1.1.3 then I jailbreaked and unlocked it

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
Also, if I were to use iJailBreak or ZiPhone (probably iJailBreak) to unlock an out of the box 16 GB 1.1.3 iPhone, how do you think the update to 1.1.4/2.0 or whatever it is called will go? Should I be able to update to it when an update for ZiPhone or iJailBreak comes out? I'm new to all of this unlocking so help is appreciated! Thanks!

Duflul

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2007
no one really know how that will work, but you can't just update in itunes the minute it comes out. It will have to be cracked first.

Akitakoi

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
If you use ziphone and are on AT&T don't check the activate box or your mail won't work.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.