Ijustine

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by simply_sami, Sep 18, 2018.

1. simply_sami macrumors member

I was wondering why do Apple bother sending her a iPhone X to unbox or review? You might as well ask the cat.

You have other good youtubers like unbox therapy and others who don’t get a review version yet ijustine somehow manages to get one when she’s irrelevant when it comes to talking tech or reviewing it.

2. MrAperture macrumors regular

MrAperture

She has 5.2 million subscribers. That’s why.

3. cannono macrumors 6502

cannono

Why make this thread? She is popular, an influencer, and has long had fun videos about Apple

4. spooky23 macrumors 6502

spooky23

You're going to make me look at now. Not sure I know who she is.

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Unbox therapy who hates Apple and always has an agenda when it comes to anything that’s expensive? Yeah I think not

Ijustine is a very good YouTuber who reviews android devices as well and gives a fair view. She just loves Apple products

6. haqsha23 macrumors 6502a

haqsha23

Exactly, Apple just uses it as free marketing.

7. darksoul78644 macrumors regular

darksoul78644

Exactly

8. haqsha23 macrumors 6502a

haqsha23

I've noticed this as well, he hates on anything expensive saying there's a million things cheaper that do just as good a job or even better. I've never seen him positively review an Apple device, yet he's always crying about not being invited to any Apple events or getting products to review lol. Not the brightest bulb in the shed.

9. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

Probably not free lol

I’m sure Apple pays her.

10. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Very good at her job and hardly bad to look at. In fact she is a very pretty lady, she gets people interested in a range of things not just tech.

She does review the big hitters on android too but her main subject is Apple related products. It’s her first love!

11. cannono macrumors 6502

cannono

It’s typical for them to get free marketing actually. All they have to do is lend the reviewer a phone for a week.

12. simply_sami thread starter macrumors member

Ok everythingapplepro then?

Surely he can’t hate Apple. Unboxtherapy is usually critical of everything. Which is refreshing then listening to yes people like MKHD and ijustine. I rather listen to someone who is saying what they truly feel then someone just hyping it up. If you tell someone to review the product they need to be honest about it.

13. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Apple targets Gen Z because that's where they can get the most lifetime value of a customer.

Similar to the way Coca-Cola promotes a lifetime of drinking Coke by sponsoring Disneyland.

It's not about 50 year old tech geeks who are reminiscing about how iPhone 5 was the perfect form factor.

Apple is about connecting with the brand, not specs. iJustine can connect with her audience.

14. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

Don’t be so naïve

15. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Hahaha "good"? I think not! The absolute worst youtuber on the planet. That man will say anything for views. He's a **** show.

MKHD and iJustine are also Apple suck ups. iJustine used to be half decent but her channel is just a suck up to Apple. It's absurd.

16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Would never tell you or anybody what to like but don’t like him personally. Obviously many love him Hense why he has what like 10 million subscribers but to me he’s too negative for my liking and is obsessed with budget android devices. Think he’s boring to listen to.

Not sure why everythingapplepro doesn’t get them bit took ijustine many years to get invited to the keynotes and now phones

17. cannono macrumors 6502

cannono

I’m not? I know this to be the case for many reviews

18. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

Unbox therapy tried to ruin the iPhone 6, he created bendgate and he could have ruined Apple, he isn’t a good tech reviewer when it comes to Apple, all he does is moan about them, ijustine shows a lot of positivity and fun in her reviews while telling the truth and that’s why Apple send her an iPhone to review.

19. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Apple has more bargaining power in this case.

They're not Black & Decker.

20. megagene macrumors member

megagene

And Unbox Therapy has over 12 million subscribers, so that doesn't really answer the OP's question.

21. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I’ve tried to watch a few of her videos and it wasn’t what I look for when it comes to tech videos. I guess Apple doesn’t mind free advertising no matter who it comes from..

22. simply_sami thread starter macrumors member

You have to remember a lot of his audience is from India. Which is mainly where these budget android phones thrive because I’d be honest he needs to unbox other stuff. But I don’t think he’s a fanboy of anything. Last year he was being called a Apple fanboy because he brought out a vid saying don’t buy the Note 8. He was critical also of Apple releasing the iPhone 8 last year, which for many seemed a pointless release.

MKHD along with ijustine is the biggest suck up going. His interview with Elon Musk proves that.

But at the end of the day you want people who are going to be critical and not biased reviewing this stuff otherwise you may as well call it advertising.

23. acarney macrumors 6502

Hasn't iJustine been around forever? If I recall, I think she's had iPhone since the first one was released... and I'm fairly certain her content is really pretty family friendly. I suspect she ticks a nice demographic box for Apple on younger people and maybe even a strong female audience. They know their brand will be safe with her and probably look at it as a more casual "learning style" review rather than a hard hitting tech talk.

24. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I’m glad I’m not the only one who notices that about his videos.

25. simply_sami thread starter macrumors member

I don’t think having the iPhone since first release should be some barometer. I’m sure there’s thousands on here who can say they bought every iPhone.

The issue I have is she offers nothing constructive and is the ultimate arse kisser. Reviews should always be subjective. Her reviews are just marketing, which doesn’t sit right with me.