iJustine's biggest fan, can we get her to recognise this thread

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I have been watching ijustines videos for 4 years now and I am a huge fan of hers, her reviews are excellent and so is her personality. iJustine loves macrumors and I am wondering if you guys could help me get her to recognise this thread, I want ijustine to know how awesome I think she is and how awesome you guys think she is, reply to this thread stating why you like ijustine and maybe she will see this.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Just a heads-up, be prepared for the "Who?" (hint: g o o g l e), a few "I do / don't like her", etc.

(FWIW, none of the YT "tech reviewers" (hard emphasis on the quotes ...) are on my radar, but she at least has a fun personality)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I have been watching ijustines videos for 4 years now and I am a huge fan of hers, her reviews are excellent and so is her personality. iJustine loves macrumors and I am wondering if you guys could help me get her to recognise this thread, I want ijustine to know how awesome I think she is and how awesome you guys think she is, reply to this thread stating why you like ijustine and maybe she will see this.
Well, it is possibly a generational (or a geographical) thing, but I have never heard of her, to be honest.

Can you not like her, or admire her videos on YouTube? Why here?

Above all, why the desire to have her acknowledge your admiration for her?

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Well, it is possibly a generational (or a geographical) thing, but I have never heard of her, to be honest.

Can you not like her, or admire her videos on YouTube? Why here?

Above all, why the desire to have her acknowledge your admiration for her?
Her videos are based on Apple products and this forum is based on Apple products. Thanks for your reply.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I've never heard of her either.

But I'd sooner watch my leg get chewed off than an unboxing video.

Just not my thing.
Unboxing videos can vary hugely in quality, and I am not usually terribly enthused by them.

Granted, I have watched a few, but prefer videos (intelligent, objective ones, not worshipful ones and self-regarding ones) that review a product objectively.

And, I will admit that the thread title really irks me, and sets off red flags: "iJustine's biggest fan". No, thanks.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Unboxing videos can vary hugely in quality, and I am not usually terribly enthused by them.

Granted, I have watched a few, but prefer videos (intelligent, objective ones, not worshipful ones and self-regarding ones) that review a product objectively.

And, I will admit that the thread title really irks me, and sets off red flags: "iJustine's biggest fan". No, thanks.
That’s fine, everyone has an opinion

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
She has a following, to be sure. my 12 year old girls watch her, as she does videos other then Apple products. I'm not bothered by her, but overall I'm not a fan. I would assume much of her fanbase is pre-teen/young teen girls.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
She has a following, to be sure. my 12 year old girls watch her, as she does videos other then Apple products. I'm not bothered by her, but overall I'm not a fan. I would assume much of her fanbase is pre-teen/young teen girls.
My ex girlfriend loved her, her videos are really informative

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Informative? No, I can't see how they are. Reviewers like Dave2D and MobileTech Review, they're informative. iJustine is just visual pablum as she gets extremely excited and gushes about an apple product.

I have nothing against her, or videos, I've seen some of her unboxing videos in the past but just not my cup of tea. Like I said she strikes a chord with a given demographic mostly likely young girls, and she's successful, there's no denying that. I prefer more objective reviews ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
You forgot the lonely old men category.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

In all seriousness, though, as somewhat of a curmudgeon myself I sometimes like watching people who are energetic and actually excited about the things they talk about. Her videos work in that capacity pretty well, but if it's raw information I'm after there are others, perhaps more informative places to go.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Informative? No, I can't see how they are. Reviewers like Dave2D and MobileTech Review, they're informative. iJustine is just visual pablum as she gets extremely excited and gushes about an apple product.

I have nothing against her, or videos, I've seen some of her unboxing videos in the past but just not my cup of tea. Like I said she strikes a chord with a given demographic mostly likely young girls, and she's successful, there's no denying that. I prefer more objective reviews ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. She's not informative but I understand her appeal.

I hadn't watched her in a while but since there's another thread on her I went to see her AW4 unboxing.

It's all show and very little go - she spends hours on the packaging and gushes about the little pouch the watch comes in (as one does when they drop 7 benjamins that were probably not easy to obtain on something).

That said, everyone knows her reviews are not technical or about usability and if you take that into consideration her videos are actually pretty good. Like, for example, her showing that the iPhone XS in Gold and the AW4 are now a good fashion match when they weren't before. Which is a very valid point when you're spending $600 on something you'll be wearing every single day.

It's just a matter of telling it like it is - it's a Jony Ive appreciation channel. If you want actual reviews, there's GSM Arena, Ars Technica, iVerge, Engadget, hell even Gizmodo.

Reactions: praterkeith

yaxomoxay

macrumors demi-god
Mar 3, 2010
Texas

It really depends on the product, at least for me. I don’t really care about the unboxing of iPhones as I have already seen the product from every angle in Apple’s keynote.
Usually I watch unboxing of newly released boardgames as there is not much info out there and I want to see if the product is worth $50-$100 at least for its miniatures, board, etc. Boardgame developers often publish pictures of their boardgames but they are very unreliable. It is also VERY important to see if the game(s) will take over the entire kitchen/house/neighborhood... (pics below are not mine but they show one of our favorite games):

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
How is she informative? She's just a lifestyle youtuber who is a huge Apple fan. While I don't follow her and overall not a fan of these lifestyle youtubers, I love her enthusiasm and passion she shows in her videos. But she and others like her are the last stop I would go if I want an informative video on something.

I am a car person and there are the same type of youtubers. If I want an informative car youtube channel, it's savagegeese or Doug Demuro. Others like streetspeed717, guitarmeggadon, etc are just the typical lifestyle youtubers. They don't know anything about the cars, they buy them, do some mods, and once they have run their course, sell them and move on to the next car with their over the top clickbait titles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.