Ikea Galant color?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aranince, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

So I am thinking about buying an Ikea Galant desk after I repaint my room. I'm going to be painting my walls a dark blue with the ceiling and baseboards being white.

I want to get the Ikea Galant desk in black-brown. What color exactly is the desk? Is it closer to black or is it closer to brown? Will it match the room colors? Going for a blue/black/white/silver color scheme.

2. Styxie macrumors member

I'm in the same boat, I'm gonna buy a Galant desk next week, and I'm also not sure on the colour. I'm thinking of getting the black/brown one, but my friends say it's too dark, and it will make the room very depressing. However, it does look very luxurious.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have the brown version, but I'd rather have the birch. More light is better.

desk1.jpg

I'm going to build my own desk in birch ply next week.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's closer to black ... think black under most light but in broad daylight it's a nice dark espresso. It will match the room colors just fine though "birch" may be real nice ... white as well. It's all up to you of course.

5. waynesun macrumors regular

waynesun

The color can be best described as pure coffee - without the milk, cream, or sugar added in. You can tell it's brown, but on first glance, it looks black. I wish I bought the lighter shade of the Galant. Choose wisely!