Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Great, I definitely need this to redo storage options in two of our kid bedrooms.

Unfortunately, though, we've had bad luck with their furniture holding up very well. The solid wood shelves and desks do well, but anything made of engineered wood breaks like matchsticks or the painted surfaces warp badly if the kids forget to use coasters at all times. Overall, though, I like their stuff and am glad there are two IKEA stores around when I need them.

Reactions: Ntombi

BaccaBossMC

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2016
NC, USA
This is a fantastic showcase of the capabilities of ARKit, although I have no real use for it, as I usually build (most of) my own furniture, but it is a cool showcase of the technology nonetheless, and i can say that from brief testing, it works pretty well.

Miek

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
Stockholm
I’m in Sweden and I used my US iTunes account to download this app and the fun thing is that the app recognize I’m in Sweden, some text is in Swedish and it shows a Swedish flag sometime :) so I guess it will probably be launched in Sweden also.

And it works great

Reactions: Mizhou

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Strange that it isn't available in IKEA's biggest market, Germany, which has more stores than the whole of the USA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.