iKlear Complete Cleaning Kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Statusnone88, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Considering buying this kit for my iPhone/iPad/iMac/etc. but I'm just curious to know where the best place to buy it would be.

klearscreens site is more expensive while on the other hand, this amazon merchant (here) is cheaper with cheaper shipping but I've never dealt with them before.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. tzag macrumors member

tzag

Microfiber cloth does just fine. No need for anything expensive.

If anything sticky gets on your screens just put a dab of water on a paper towel and scrub it off, then just wipe with a microfiber cloth and your screen looks like new.

Cleaning kits are P.O.S

-My 3 Cents

3. Steveo47 macrumors regular

im intereseted as well, i was thinking of picking that kit up too

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

go to the dollar store buy a microfiber cloth $1 and buy a bottle of glasses cleaner $1

done deal

5. GameraFan macrumors regular

From Apple.com:

Cleaning iPhone
    To clean iPhone, unplug all cables and turn off iPhone (press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button, then slide the onscreen slider). Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPhone.

6. Steveo47 macrumors regular

ah good to know, i do use window cleaner on my screen protector, maybe ill just try water later today.

7. buddyspencer macrumors regular

Got the iKlear Kit.

But I'm not shure which cloth to use? got 2 grey and 2 blue ones... can anybody help?

8. golfgrouch macrumors member

No need for cleaning solutions. Just pour some distilled water into a spray bottle and buy a quality microfiber towel. Simply spray and wipe.

9. Nhwhazup, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have used the iKlear for years and really like it. I originally bought it for cleaning my flat screen TV's and monitors. Then I started using it on all my electronics. It is safe for the plastic screens on monitors so totally safe for the iPhone or iPad.

You can definitely use a microfiber with just water to clean your phone but if you want a little extra to clean a grimey phone, you can't go wrong with iKlear.

Also, I prefer to purchase from Amazon whenever possible.

10. darster Suspended

Make your own solution. Fill a small spray bottle half full with 70% alcohol and the other half with distilled water. Cost, about 25 cents. Same solution they use in those cleaners.

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Actually the iKlear is alcohol and ammonia free. Neither will bother a glass screen but what effect do they have on the oleophobic coating? IKlear also gives some anti staic and anti fingerprint properties.

12. OZPINHEAD macrumors member

According to them it's safe to use on the oleophobic coating.
    I'm still curious as to why Apple dumped them.
    No longer available in Apple stores or online.

I personally prefer omnicleanz by RadTech