Iklear: Is it any good?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totty1987, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I've got an anti glare Mbp and Id like to know whether iklear is any good and can it be used on the outer body of the mac as well as the keys?

I'm about to order it from amazon, but I'd just reassurances that it will get the job done.

Thanx

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I use iKlear on my ACD (matte) screens, their casings, my keyboards, and MP tower from time to time. I also used it on my PowerBook, Macbook Pro and MacBook Air.

It is a product sold by Apple as well, it is safe if used as per the directions.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

40% Rubbing alcohol and a cheap microfiber cloth will do the same thing for a quarter of the price.

4. chillfrilla macrumors member

forget iklear, or any cleaner branded for electronics

go to a optomistrit and buy an eyeglass cleaner. if it works on deleicate glasses, why not the macbook. been using that **** for 4 years on my devices and macbook, works like a charm!

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I really don't think it matters. I've used both iKlear and some off-brand screen cleaner and got the same results. I think any screen cleaner will work.

FYI, I have a 17" MBP w/ Glossy Screen. I now have a Anti-Glare SP on it. But, I did use the off-brand screen cleaner before and after with no problems.