Ikonic Edge leather pouch review + Glas.t + Spectra Wraps.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dropkangoo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Dropkangoo, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012

Dropkangoo macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i finally got my iphone and the pouch so i thought i would give quick review and pictures :

Service :
    I ordered the Ikonic edge Pouch Dark Brown at the end of february and got it exactly one business week later(from New Zealand to France ). So top notch service from Ikonic.
    The case was sent in another classy white pouch to protect it.

Case :

+ The leather is made from Nz serge leather, its smells absolutly beautiful, look gorgeous, juste enough shinyness to it, well i let the pictures talk about this... The seams are handmade and look amazing.
    The leather is effectily superslim and dont add bulk to the phone.
    To be honest i was a bit worried when i received it because it seemed really tight. And when i got my iPhone, effectively at first i couldnt slide it in, so i had to strech it with my hand. After about 3 days of use, the phone slide in and out very easily.

- The seams on the sides left a few marks on the antenna at first, but as i was expecting that, i put the lucky labs transparent . Another thing i did was to roll up the case and slightly cut the interior seams with a cutter knife, so that after a few slide in/out it didnt let any marks at all anymore.
    Then i change for another lucky labs orange and as you can see there is not marks.

I also installed the Glas.t, (which is by the way amazing !) and despite th 0.4mm of it, the phone fits perfectly well in the pouch.

Well i think i talked enough :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

I got one of these cases/pouches in black back in August 2010, basically when they first became available for the iPhone 4. It's still like new now and shows no signs of wear and tear.

The quality of these is top notch. I think I paid around £28-£30 and that was coming from New Zealand to the UK. I've paid more the £30 for these type of cases that I've purchased in this country. I wouldn't consider any other case/pouch to these now.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I find pouches ugly but at least the quality of what I think is ugly looks good. Good to hear from Fat that it holds up. I do like the orange with the white.

4. kornberg macrumors member

I like this a lot.....I hate cases and bumpers. Purchasing today.

5. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Yeah I hate cases and bumpers too (for the iPhone at least) prefer to keep my iPhone naked. The thing I like about pouches, is they provides cover (with a little protection) but when you want to use the iPhone its just a simple matter of pushing it out of the pouch and its there in all its naked glory :D

6. eba macrumors regular

My wife and I each have had one of these since December and we love them. Very well made and provides great protection. The pouch fits the phone like a glove but is still really easy to remove (just by pinching the bottom of the case). And I like the look.

I've finally stopped looking for cases.

7. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

When I get the next iPhone, I would definitely get my leather pouch from Ikonic Edge. I think I paid around £28-£30 and that was coming from New Zealand to the UK, I find that very reasonably priced, considering the quality of the leather and the craftsmanship and finish. I've paid more the £30 for these type of cases that I've purchased in this country.

8. King Julian macrumors regular

Just received delivery of the dark brown leather case, have to say its a very nice case.

Very nice soft leather, as leather should be, no problems with inserting and removing the iPhone and no problems with marks left on the sides as per the previous comments.

All in all a good case and great service from Ikonic.