Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piyo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Heyo,

My Ikonic Edge pouch just turned up so I thought I'd throw out some quick thoughts on it and a few pics. I had been using the Ikonic Edge Super-slim Classic on my iPhone 5 for the last 2 years, both the phone and pouch have lasted completely unscathed - not a scratch! I do baby my devices though. I love how it offered pocket protection but still allowed me to use the device without a case, and added very little bulk while carrying it around, I found the quality to be excellent so it was a no brainer for me to pre-order the same pouch for my new 6+.

Delivery took 4 days (standard shipping) but this was only travelling to Australia from New Zealand, so it's not much of a trip. ;) Opening the new pouch was a familiar experience, no fancy boxes, just a protective(?) white Ikonic pouch with the Super-slim pouch nestled inside and a thick paper sheet with the company info - also perhaps most importantly that nice new leather smell. For both cases I went with the dark brown option, there seems to be a bit more texture to the 6+ version - my 5 pouch was quite smooth but with wrinkles/creases running through it:

BbVxxQy.jpg

An attempt to show the texture of the 6+ case - lighting didn't really allow for a usable amount in focus:

YIeUZjd.jpg

Perhaps it changed while aging? I actually can't remember how the pouch for the 5 looked when it arrived, but I'm sure there's always going to be variation in the texture between batches. Another small difference I noticed was in the stamped logo - the 6+ pouch has to have the most subtle logo I have ever seen! Maybe it wasn't stamped for long enough but I'm pretty happy having an almost unbranded clean pouch. See below (the branding on the 5 pouch is clearly visible in the pic up top):

E2dGNMQ.jpg

Here's a few "action" shots:

OHBB6Vi.jpg

3qkjKV2.jpg

fa1o0cc.jpg

WmVaRqV.jpg

uuTyFeh.jpg

It has all the usual slim pouch features; speaker cut outs down the bottom that allow the phone to be inserted either way and still allow more than enough sound out to hear calls, a micro-suede lining to prevent any scratches, a snug fit so the phone wont pop out on its own (note: it is a looser fit than the case was for my 5, that needed some serious pinching to get the phone out. I'm actually glad its a bit looser, I hate to bring up the "B" word but I'm hesitant to put too much force anywhere on my phone. The 5 case did stretch and loosen over a couple of months to a more comfortable fit but I don't have any worries about the 6+ case becoming too lose. If it ever does I'll be sure to post an update).

[The flash in the last pic makes them look a lot more red than they actually are]

Last edited:

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Thanks for the review. I am considering this pouch or a SENA heritage pouch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.